1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Does anyone else use WaveSecure?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mjcritchie, Oct 15, 2009.

1. daveybaby

daveybaby Android Expert

Installed wavesecure ages ago, meant to have a play with it, but never got around to it (phone was new, having too much fun downloading lots of other apps). Forgot i'd installed it, to be honest.

So, a guy at work is thinking of getting a nexus, wants to see how android behaves, so lunchtime today we swap SIMs so he can have a play around with it on my hero.

Ooops. Bang! Phone locked by wavesecure. Ohhhhhhhh shit. Cue several minutes of panic while i try to remember what password i used. Cannot remember. Phone 'buddy' number (which the lock screen helpfully gives you) but their phone is switched off. Great.

Okay, so the boring denoument is that i eventually remembered what i'd used for the PIN. Phew.

Wavesecure works great. But it can give you a heart attack if you forget that you installed it. Not gonna forget i've got that installed again, and the PIN is etched into my frontal lobes :D

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dan330

dan330 Extreme Android User

hi all...
    I am on CDMA Hero..
    loaded it and tested it out 2 weeks ago.
    Wavesecure works great!

I did not test the backup, because I did not know this company, but it does give me peace of mind!

2 things i did notice,
    1) it was not very accurate finding my location, it had me within 500-1000ft. My GPS is on!
    2) it only allows for 4 GPS pings day!!! Why the limit? What if I am trying to find my phone? and want to keep tracking it as it moves.

WS is a great program, and a most have!

Thanks,

3. daveybaby

daveybaby Android Expert

If the phone is indoors, then GPS wont work most of the time. In this situation the phone reverts to cell triangulation, the accuracy of which is very poor. So: not caused by wavesecure or the phone, it's a limitation of how GPS works.

4. dan330

dan330 Extreme Android User

ok.. that might be in some situations, but for me...

I checked my GPS app and it had me within 10-26ft... checked google maps, and it had me within 19ft...
    WS had me on the other side of the next block!!!! :eek:

If i was trying to find my phone by visiting the home on ws... i would be knocking on the wrong homes!!!

5. Jason71

Jason71 Well-Known Member

It may not be perfect but. Acording to the market if you download it before 31st Jan its free for ever. After that it will be 15 euros per year.
    If you want better gps tracking try gps tracker. It can be remotely activated by sms and will ping out your location as long as your battery lasts if you so wish. Seems pretty accurate as well.

6. JFenlon

JFenlon Lurker

Hi,

My number has now been ported in from my old network, this has invalidated my Wavesecure account, since my IMSI and IMEI didn't change, only the phone number.

I've contacted Wavesecure 5 days ago about the change but I'm still waiting for a response. Any idea how long it will take?

Thanks,

Jason

7. cheewee

cheewee Member

Hi Jason,
    Can you private message me your new number, old number and registered email? After we've changed the numbers, you can uninstall and reinstall WaveSecure and it should work again.

Thanks,
    cheewee
    Team WaveSecure
    www.wavesecure.com

8. JFenlon

JFenlon Lurker

Did you get my PM? I sent it a couple of days ago.

9. cheewee

cheewee Member

Hi there,
    Yes, your number is changed. To switch to this new number on WaveSecure and activate, just uninstall and reinstall WaveSecure.

Thanks,
    cheewee
    Team WaveSecure
    www.wavesecure.com

10. JFenlon

JFenlon Lurker

Not sure if it's just because the Wavesecure website is being updated at the moment, or if it's because of the number change, but since reinstalling (I had to delete my settings with Root Explorer too before it would pick up the changes) I am getting the following error message when it tries to connect to the server:

"Unable to connect to the server!

This may be a lost or stolen phone.

Please connect to the internet and relaunch WaveSecure Beta to verify."

There's nothing wrong with my connection. I'm using a MoDaCo Custom ROM with the Wavesecure addon installed in the "/system/app/" folder on the phone if that helps. I've uninstalled that and removed the "/data/data/com.wsandroid" folder before reinstalling, did I miss something?

11. JFenlon

JFenlon Lurker

Nevermind, it's working now. Thank you :)

I like your new website design btw, big improvement.

12. edin_guy

edin_guy Lurker

Hi,

I've uninstalled WaveSecure and am now trying to reinstall, but when I go to the market, the open & install buttons are greyed out.

Any ideas how to get it back on to the phone?

Cheers!

13. asnatlas

asnatlas Newbie

I was checking my bill and found the following:
    3 International Text Message - Singapore @ $.20/msg

14. Bhav

Bhav Well-Known Member

When are they dated? Perhaps they were sent before it was sorted by WaveSecure?

15. asnatlas

asnatlas Newbie

This past bill was for Jan 23-Feb 22, it was posted on 01-05-2010 that his was "fixed"

16. Bhav

Bhav Well-Known Member

Oh fair enough...no idea then!

17. asnatlas

asnatlas Newbie

anything ??

18. cheewee

cheewee Member

Hi folks,
    As MarDoubleT pointed out, we have switched back our Singapore SMS gateway to address reliability issues. Because of this, some users may incur incoming text charges.

Thanks,
    cheewee
    Team WaveSecure
    www.wavesecure.com

19. drewc00

drewc00 Lurker

I have a droid eris for verizon. I just trying installing and uninstalling this app 3 times.. and I get force close every time I open it. Can someone help?

20. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

I have an HTC Hero (Netherlands) and used wavesecure up till now fine.
    Today I installed an upgrade and ever since it force close when launched.
    Version 3.0.0.61 - downloaded March 25

process com.wsandriod stopped suddenly

Any help or more information?

Thanks in advance

21. cheewee

cheewee Member

Hi klen,
    Try uninstalling and reinstalling WaveSecure. If that doesn't work, can you contact support at support@wavesecure.com?

Thanks,
    cheewee
    Team WaveSecure
    www.wavesecure.com

22. madpiano

madpiano Lurker

Hello

although I will be installing WaveSecure for my Android Phone once it finally arrives, my daughter needs a similar software for her Blackberry. Can anyone recommend one ?

23. daveybaby

daveybaby Android Expert

I can recommend wavesecure for blackberry, i believe it's at least slightly similar to wavesecure for android. :D

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews