1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Does anyone have Auto Brightness still enabled?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Morat, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Morat

Morat Well-Known Member

I've had to turn mine off, it was consistently way too dark. Is there a way to adjust the threshold?
    thanks,
    Morat

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Tinderbox (UK)

Tinderbox (UK) Well-Known Member

3. Morat

Morat Well-Known Member

Ooh, thanks - that looks pretty handy. Strange that there must be such a variation in brightness....
    I'll see what I can do with it :)
    Morat

4. lekky

lekky Lover

i jsut have it off, auto-brightness has annoyed me on every phone i've ever owned!

5. heshanj

heshanj Android Expert

me too. i find that setting it at around 30% is fine for me for the entire day :D i rarely change it, except at night when im using it in almost darkness, in which case i turn on Screen filter :D

6. planetf1

planetf1 Newbie

Oddly enough I find the auto brightness brilliant!

7. Morat

Morat Well-Known Member

And strangely enough, I've kept auto brightness enabled on my replacement handset because it keeps the screen at a decent level. It looks there can be some variation.

8. ironass

ironass Extreme Android User

I actually like the auto brightness feature on the SGSII.

Much better than on some of the phones I've owned. Compensates well for all light conditions and in my tests, it did not appear to drain my battery.

9. greggebhardt

greggebhardt Android Enthusiast

To me this is the first phone where the auto brightness actually works well.

10. fonegyro

fonegyro Well-Known Member

It seems vectored too closely to ambient lighting IMO, ie. not very good in dimly lit places.

11. ALES

ALES Newbie

Mine has always been on auto - never had a problem and to be honest dont even notice it adjusting

12. Remeniz

Remeniz Android Enthusiast

I'm running on auto but I have had to over-ride the setting to increase the brightness a little mainly when outside. So I stuck the widget for it on the home screen.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews