1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

General Does anyone have NLPWakeLock fix?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TheConcertKing, Jun 10, 2014.

1. TheConcertKing

Ever since I got my phone a few weeks ago, I've had an issue with NLPCollectorWakeLock and NLPWakeLock keeping my phone awake 2-5 times longer than the screen-on time. Sometimes the wake count is in the TENS OF THOUSANDS per day. I've read about uninstalling the Google Search and Google Play Services updates and reinstalling, but that hasn't made a difference. My battery life would probably be stellar if it wasn't for the wakelock problems that I can't seem to shake. If anyone has had similar problems and has gotten it resolved, please let me know. I am on 4.3 if that matters. I'm afraid to update to 4.4 because I've read about more unresolved battery drain issues with that, and I don't think I can deal with any others.

Advertisement

2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±

In the Tens of thousands?? Yikes!
    I'd have to check mine at the end of my day, but so far with 3 hours on my phone, I'm in the low thousands.
    If you want, check out this thread:
    NlpCollector wakelock. - Page 10 - xda-developers

I'll post some pix later of my wakelock screen too:)

3. TheConcertKing

Thanks, I'll read more into that thread. I'd hate to disable handy features of Google Now or Maps, and it seems like a lot of people aren't getting battery drain and still using features fully. It's not like I can't squeeze a day's worth of use out of it, some days are worse than others. But I'd like to be able to get more use without the battery draining 3-6%/hr when I'm not touching it. I'd post some screen shots of my more outrageous wakelock numbers, but I regrettably didn't take any.

4. TheConcertKing

So today I had 18,000+ combined wakelocks from NLPcollectorwakelock and NLPWakelock. I did get almost 4 hours of screen-on time, which is pretty remarkable, I think I've only approached that once in the 2 weeks or so I've had the phone. I had some pretty consistent usage all afternoon and evening, so the phone wasn't idling as much as it normally would. Going by today's usage, I wouldn't really say I had too much excessive battery drain, but that's because I was using it so much that it didn't really have time to drain just by itself, but the awake time was still almost double screen time. Here are a few screenshots if that means anything.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Mikestony

Ok so I took some readings from my phone too
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Mikestony

I wonder if your issue is that Audio_out2?
    Do you have something playing on your speaker for that 42 minutes?

7. TheConcertKing

Damn, your nlpwakelock numbers are comparable to mine, but your awake time on the graph is much less significant than it is on mine. I honestly don't know what the audio_out2 thing is, I don't recall using the speaker that much. I don't think it's usually that high, but I'll have to keep an eye on it. I had a lot of weird battery issues today so I wasn't really able to track what was happening. Judging by yours though, maybe my issue isn't the nlp wakelocks, because even though your awake time is a lot higher than your screen time, 15 hours to only have used 51% seems like something my phone couldn't pull off. It drains about 20% if I leave it unplugged while I sleep. I guess this thread is kind of pointless now since the issue might not be what I initially suspected. Thanks for posting your screenshots though, it's definitely good to have something to compare against.

8. Mikestony

I had an issue with a volume app one time.
    An alert of some sort would sound on my phone, but the speaker never shut off. My battery drained quite quickly. I couldn't figure it out. I noticed my audio_out1 or 2 would be quite high. Puzzled I was.
    By happenstance, one night it was quiet in my room after an alert sounded on my phone....I noticed my speaker was buzzing very very quietly--as if the audio never shut down after the alert was over.
    Long story short, I got rid of the volume app and replaced it with another...problem solved..

Perhaps mute your phone for a day (or at night)? See if your audio_out time goes down?