1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Does anyone have the answer to the Godaddy Email smtp Problem?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by NickNas, Jun 25, 2011.

1. NickNas

NickNas Newbie
    None

Sep 22, 2010
    Male
    Geek
    So Cal USA
    All I see are threads a year old or older , some with even not one reply.

I hope this isn't true.. I just wrote a HUGE post on a tech blog defending the Droid platform for business users and not just a toy BUT if this is true although I L_O_V_E this phone I will have to replace it. If I cannot reply to my emails with my own companies account then I look unprofessional. I can Receive but not REPLY . What use is that?

I have searched the internet for a solution and I see Hundreds of people with this problem and not one who has ever found a solution.. the threads all just END! That and endless links to old threads that have solutions that didn't work either.

I HOPE I am just missing something because if it is Gmails intention to force us all to use Gmail even for our business' then they have lost me forever.

My old MS Phone and my Buddies RIM work just fine. I am not using exchange or anything complicated just a simple POP and SMTP solution that has worked everywhere for YEARS until now. Me@mycompany.com

Any Help or is it time to go shopping ?

Thanx in advance for any help.

Advertisement

2. Aggie12

Aggie12 Android Expert
    None

Jul 19, 2010
    student
    Planet Earth
    Have you thought about contacting GoDaddy? If I was in your situation and haven't found anything I would try that.

moved to troubleshooting

3. RyanB

RyanB Guest
    None
    Which app are you receiving mail in, the gmail or email app?

4. kscobie8

kscobie8 Member
    None

Feb 8, 2010
    I'm not entirely clear on what your exact issue is, but here's my post from an old thread about setting up my GoDaddy email on my DX using the stock email client. It may be of some use to you. My GD email account works flawlessly on the stock client.

Hope this relates to your problem. :)

Bel isi,
    -kyle