• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help does anyone have the stock gallery apk for the official 2.1?

It does come up as camera and will not install, I had the same issue. What you have to do is create a custom update.zip thru joeys web page(sorry on my phone now and don't have the link) when u create the update use a theme I chose the stock and your gallery will be back

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I am telling you I have been through it, putting the apk and odex will not work, go here http://www.joeyconway.com/sdx/custom/index.php and select this for the theme
DE03 Deodex Theme Template - Restores stock template
you will have your original gallery back, also select joeykrim-SDX-kernel v2.0.3 (includes root) and this joeykrim Recovery 2.1.3 the rest is up to you. good luck

Strange, I removed both and the gallery was gone. For kicks I rebooted, still gone. I put the files back, rebooted and the gallery was back. The files were from stock de03.

Reactions: Zezozose
Upvote 0
Ok, I tried what kiddk1 said, and still no dice.
For the record, I had the polymod theme going, and decided to switch when I put 2.0.3 on. I selected Dreak - DE03 LICORICE. I did not select 3d wallpaper, because I've had it before and not liked it. I also changed my boot animation.

After the install I went to change my wallpaper, and the 3d gallery came up. The regular gallery was gone from the list of apps.
I'm just gonna back up my apps and start from scratch. I might even do the same thing, to see if I get the same results. For science, you know.

Upvote 0
Sorry to revive an old post.
I put the 3D Gallery on my phone and hate it. I have tried all I have seen for getting it to work better but with no luck. I want the stock gallery back.
Pastafarian, I have tried putting the .apx in the folder like you suggested and that did not work. I deleted the 3d gallery, rebooted, put the file in, rebooted and no gallery at all.
Can anybody provide some assistance with this?
Thank you in advance.

Upvote 0
I put the 3D Gallery on my phone and hate it. I have tried all I have seen for getting it to work better but with no luck. I want the stock gallery back.
Pastafarian, I have tried putting the .apx in the folder like you suggested and that did not work. I deleted the 3d gallery, rebooted, put the file in, rebooted and no gallery at all.
Thank you in advance.
create a new update.zip, this time leave out the 3d gallery and choose a theme, your old gallery should be back

Upvote 0
so I have tried this with and without a theme, also with and without deodex theme template and still no luck.
Am I doing something wrong?
Also, didn't SDX used to give you the option in the kitchen of origial gallery or 3D gallery?
I did see the download for the original in the download section, but that just gives me the 3D back if I place it in system/apps
Any other ideas fellow moment owners?
Thank you all in advance for your help.

Upvote 0
OK, so now I really don't understand what is going on.
I used root explorer and deleted the gallery from system/apps and rebooted.
upon reboot, the gallery is still there and it is the 3D gallery.
Where can this be coming from? I went back in using explorer and the gallery is not in system/apps.
Who can explain this to me and what I am doing wrong?
Thank you in advance.

Upvote 0
Thank you in advance.

When the file is moved, it's permissions are changed (should be rw-r-r-- ). With root explorer in r/w mode-
1-Copy/Move the gallery.apk to the system/app dir
2- long press on the file and select permissions
3- It should be checked read for user,group,others and write for user, everything else should be unchecked. If not, change and press ok
4- reboot and the gallery should be back (at least it worked for me)
5- check out just pictures in the market, it's a nice gallery replacement.

/crosses fingers and hopes this works

Upvote 0
The problem has been solved.
THANK YOU TO ALL FOR YOUR HELP.
This is what finally worked.

Original Gallery

These forums are a huge help to us with our phones.
Thank you all for all your help for everything from rooting, to great app suggestions to help from people with more computer knowledge than me (Pastafaian and Dntesinfrno have been a huge help to me with their posts through out this entire forum)

Reactions: pastafarian
Upvote 0
I'm having the same problem. I'm new to this. Just rooted my phone and after a day my gallery started acting up. So i tried erasing it and re installing it. But no good. just like stated above it wont let me install. I read everything else and tried it and no good. It feels like it should work. I think im doing something wrong. Im also missing the gallery.obex file. Im assuming it is important to have the app operating. Any extra tips would be extremely helpful!

Upvote 0
The problem has been solved.
THANK YOU TO ALL FOR YOUR HELP.
This is what finally worked.

Original Gallery

These forums are a huge help to us with our phones.
Thank you all for all your help for everything from rooting, to great app suggestions to help from people with more computer knowledge than me (Pastafaian and Dntesinfrno have been a huge help to me with their posts through out this entire forum)

how did you end up solving it???

Upvote 0
as stated in my previous post this is what I did
create a new update.zip, this time leave out the 3d gallery and choose a theme, your old gallery should be back

Ok i did that. but thats where i kinda got confused. I unzipped the file. and got the gallery.apk and used root explorer and put it in the system/app folder. I'm guessing thats not how it's done?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones