• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does anyone here use Virgin Mobile USA?

GAMESHARQ

Android Enthusiast
Nov 28, 2010
I was on the phone with their customer service department tonight and it was the worst customer service experience I've ever had.

I spoke to two different people. Both of them sounded like they didn't know what they were talking about and they were making stuff up as they went along. One of them sounded like he was high.

Just wondering if this is typical for their customer service, because if it is, I don't think I want them as my service provider.

I too use Virgin Mobile USA. I have called several times about a problem with my phone and they always treated me with good manners and professionalism. The only thing I would say Im concerned about is that they arent to educated on the company's technical problems or updates. But they were really nice. I think maybe they have different departments in different countries. I had once a guy with a foreign accent and another to me sounded hispanic Idk just an assumption. But when you have those low class idiots just tell them to speak to the manager or just make sure you write their name and get it reported.

Upvote 0
The call center Sprint uses for VirginMobileUSA is in the Phillipines. They also have the cheapest VOIP service I've ever heard for a call center. But, I've gotten some really stupid responses from the e-mail response service, too, so consider this is a cheap service, and lower your expectations accordingly, IMHO.

Upvote 0
I had to call them to request a number transfer. I ended up speaking to them a few times as I gave them the wrong account number the first time. They were professional and courteous both times and knew what they were doing. They had accents but I'm not sure where they were from. However I had no problem understanding them. Their communication skills were very good.

Upvote 0
My wife & I have used them on & off (95% on) for about 10 years, we haven't had any "technical issues" that entire time, we always had excellent customer service with anything else we had questions with. Just before I got my Intercept a couple of weeks ago we were really comparing everything out there, in the end it was the excellent customer service all those years that made up our minds.

Upvote 0
Customer Service usually has 3 departments - General help, billing and account related, and technical. Usually, call goes to General Help department and they may route us to appropriate department if we explain them our problem correctly. Of course, they need to remain calm and professional no matter what - after all customer is like a King.

So far my experience with Virgin Mobile USA Customer service is excellent. It does not bother me where they are located and whether they have accent. All I need is that they listen to my problem, understand my problem and help me to resolve my problem. I also always keep in my mind that my goal is to get my problem resolved so I also try to be courteous and polite (as long as customer service person is also same towards me).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones