• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does anyone know anything of the LG F60?

Becky_x

Mar 15, 2013
I'm looking for a new phone, maybe even downgrade. Currently have a Galaxy S3 (that I've messed up trying to root and can't fix) but I want something quick, with good battery life, a smaller screen (around 4.5") decent enough camera, has all the apps etc on but must must be at least android 4.4 kitkat purely because my galaxy is the older one and that's the only sense I'm looking to upgrade in

I like the look of the LG F60 but I'm really struggling to find any reviews on it. Google is full of sites announcing the specs and release date but I'm still none the wiser
confused.gif

The only place I can find to buy it is here http://www.mobilephonesdirect.co.uk/...-phones/lg-f60 and a lot of sites that come up when searching are foreign, did it not get a large release in the UK? There's hardly any youtube videos on it. I'm just stumped

Nexus 5 is a good shout, however it's about £100 more than I could afford. Sick of contract so would like to buy outright and get a £10 a month sim card.
Nexus 5 is about as cheap as it gets for an unlocked device. For most unlocked premium devices you are looking at more like $700-800.

I suppose one option might be to pick one up used or refurbished?

Upvote 0
Nexus 5 is about as cheap as it gets for an unlocked device. For most unlocked premium devices you are looking at more like $700-800.

I suppose one option might be to pick one up used or refurbished?

The LG F60 is £117 sim free, it seems to have everything I'm after. Hoping a smaller screen will help prolong battery life. Wondering what the 4GB storage is like, hence looking for reviews/opinions but not finding any

Upvote 0
The quality of the screen doesn't really bother me, as long as text isn't so bad it's pixelated and facebook and pictures or whatever I'll use is clear it's fine. It's not like I'll be watching films in super hd on my phone or anything

It will look pixelated, it's a little worse than devices back in 2011 as the display is larger.

So long as your okay with that then it's a decent mid range device otherwise, wouldn't expect much from the camera either.

Upvote 0
Have you looked into the moto g?
Mid range phone at a low end price :)
The 2013 model should suit your needs but doesn't have sd card.
The 2014 model has bigger screen and sd card but I'm not sure if its launched in the UK yet (?)
PS don't get a phone with 4gb storage. My wife did and only about 1.5gb is available to the user

Upvote 0
Since no one is answering your question on the f60, I'll shed some light. I've had it for about 2 weeks now.

Battery life is decent. Gives me a full day and then some. I'm a medium user. Results may very.
I give 7/10

For a low res display, you don't really notice the pixels browsing sites. Sure you can nit pick, but I don't hold the phone to my eyes either. 6/10

Its is very comfy to hold, the rubber on the back makes it non slip, and you don't have to hold ackwardly to get from one side to another. 9/10.

I have the 8gig model and still have plenty of space. The 1gig ram will slow you down at times, but not much due to it having a quad core. Its very zippy and stable. 9/10.

So all in all, its probably one of lg's best budget smartphone on the market and I feel you get what you pay for, in this case its deffinatly a good investment.

Overall, 8/10 in the budget line. I'd give more but looking at a white softkey background is annoying lol. Also, if it had root it'll deffinatly be a 10.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones