• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Does anyone know if im going to have trouble with verizon?

i sent back a phone a couple days ago because out of nowhere it was freezing and such (it wasn't rooted, but the boot animation was still changed from when i was rooted on GB) and i got my replacement phone, only to later find that the camera doesn't work, so i called in today to get another replacement, and im getting it, but the lady said if they find a phone is rooted, they charge you the full retail. well this scared me because i had recently sent back a phone that technically wasn't rooted, but was obvious i had tinkered with it when i sent it back, has anyone ever sent a phone back that was obviously tinkered with and not have a problem? does anyone know what they do when they get the phones? i always assumed they just hooked it up to a machine that puts it back to factory. Does seeing the changed boot animation give them the right to charge me?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones