• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Does anyone know if the moto g LTE will be able to be rooted or have CyanogenMod?

your recovery.log wont download.

i have the mounts, the external sdcard has a mountpoint that is only in recovery mode but i dont know where it is.

https://mega.co.nz/#!1Vg3QaoR!Lufqw38Lq9iwc8tAfoLK9mxXeHQpy8ovRx-qhZyrx7o

lets see if its here :p

if its not in recovery i need:

adb shell ls -l /devices

and every folder that is in there, it has to be there somewhere.

Upvote 0
adb shell ls -l /devices

this command also gives the same error...

beta2 is same as before. the recovery.log --- https://app.box.com/s/j3w5yiky0v7xq7cszayd
can you access it now... btw, how do you open that file? I could not open it with anything!

FYI this recovery currently backs up at ----- device/mnt/shell/emulated/clockworkmod

while the internal memory that can be accessed through a PC is located at ---- device/mnt/shell/emulated/0/

and looks like the external sd card is located at ---- device/storage/sdcard1/

Upvote 0
this command also gives the same error...

beta2 is same as before. the recovery.log --- https://app.box.com/s/j3w5yiky0v7xq7cszayd
can you access it now... btw, how do you open that file? I could not open it with anything!

FYI this recovery currently backs up at ----- device/mnt/shell/emulated/clockworkmod

while the internal memory that can be accessed through a PC is located at ---- device/mnt/shell/emulated/0/

and looks like the external sd card is located at ---- device/storage/sdcard1/

are you in recovery when you run that command? /devices should most certainly be there. taht log is empty, teh real log will be at /cache/recovery/last_log when you boot up or in /tmp if you are still in recovery. external sdcard gets pointed there, but i need to know wher ethe code looks for it.

Upvote 0
what does that mean? (sorry i am almost a noob in android development)

the only file that can give me any kind of idea on where to place the right line isnt where i expected. vold.fstab would have given me an idea on where to go, but until someone starts digging through the core folders and finds out where there external sdcard files are kept not much i can do

Upvote 0
the only file that can give me any kind of idea on where to place the right line isnt where i expected. vold.fstab would have given me an idea on where to go, but until someone starts digging through the core folders and finds out where there external sdcard files are kept not much i can do

According to this thread, post #10 vold.fstab is no longer used in 4.3

[Q]Where is Vold.Fstab on Android 4.3? - XDA Forum

Upvote 0
I tried Shabby's latest CWM (beta 5) in my XT1039. The external SD will not mount when recovery is booted via the phone. When recovery is loaded from an external file with 'mfastboot boot CWM-6.0.5.0-peregrine-beta-5.img', rather than booting from the flashed recovery, it works fine. I believe this is the same problem folks are having with TWRP over at XDA.

Sooo... when recovery is booted via fastboot from an image on the PC... where is the phone getting it's mount points from? And why are they different to when the exact same image is flashed to the recovery partition?

Upvote 0
I tried Shabby's latest CWM (beta 5) in my XT1039. The external SD will not mount when recovery is booted via the phone. When recovery is loaded from an external file with 'mfastboot boot CWM-6.0.5.0-peregrine-beta-5.img', rather than booting from the flashed recovery, it works fine. I believe this is the same problem folks are having with TWRP over at XDA.

Sooo... when recovery is booted via fastboot from an image on the PC... where is the phone getting it's mount points from? And why are they different to when the exact same image is flashed to the recovery partition?

thank you very much for testing, shame i have apparently been screwing around with this and the answer was already figured out elsewhere...

the issue is the DTB files, so it looks like at this time there isnt anything anyone can do except flash it via computer whenever they want to use external storage. moto is going to be pushing newer kernel source out soon enough and that may fix it, but idk. either way i posted on xda about it, but im at the end of my rope regarding this device, good luck and have fun guys.

Upvote 0
thank you very much for testing, shame i have apparently been screwing around with this and the answer was already figured out elsewhere...

the issue is the DTB files, so it looks like at this time there isnt anything anyone can do except flash it via computer whenever they want to use external storage. moto is going to be pushing newer kernel source out soon enough and that may fix it, but idk. either way i posted on xda about it, but im at the end of my rope regarding this device, good luck and have fun guys.

Thank you for working on this! I'll be getting this phone in the fall.. hopefully Motorola has it fixed by then. I'll help with any testing if still needed by then.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones