• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does anyone know of a charging port repair service?

schwim

Dec 14, 2010
Hi there everyone!

I've got an Inc who's port is starting to go south. The charging cable often needs maneuvering to get it to work. The problem persists between numerous cables. I watched the "repair" videos on youtube, but there's no contaminates in the port to scrape clean. The port just seems to be worn the hell out.

Searching for help, I found this part which is super awesome, but unfortunately I'm incapable of performing this surgery myself, due to motor tics/shaky hands.

I figured I'd find some kind of mail-in port repair service, but I can't seem to find anything based in the US. Does such a company exist? I'd hate to have to shitcan an otherwise perfectly good phone because of the charge port.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcome!

Thanks to both of you for your help.

Found this guy, but service only price and page text leads me to believe that part of their business model is to push up the price once they've got your phone out of your hands and into theirs.

As for a cable, I'm on cable #4 and I think one particular cable caused this problem to get worse. I needed one so bought two of the highest rated model I could find on Amazon. When we used them, both were very hard to push in and one wouldn't charge at all and one was intermittent. After this, hers started the issue of the old cable needing to be wiggled.

I'll give another cable a shot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones