• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help does anyone know of an app?

tried sms blocker also,the problem is it blocked the text,but the person who sent it still says msg sent.I want it to say msg failed so they know iam not getting text.thx in advance for advise
There's no way to do that with an app because it has to be delivered before an app can do anything. The best you could possibly do is set up an auto-reply, but I'm not sure if there is an app that can block someone with an auto-reply saying that they're blocked.

Upvote 0
so u think there is no auto reply apps also?

Tasker can auto-reply to a txt, and possibly even do everything else you want. But I can promise that it likely won't be easy.

I don't mean to be nosy, but you have a very specific set of requirements that I don't think any app will be able to do. Most notably the "send failed" notice. They get a confirmation of their txt sending before your phone even gets the txt. No app can stop that. Why is it you can't just tell this person not to txt you :thinking:

Upvote 0
bought the tasker app for 6.49$ but cant figure out how to set up auto reply,does anyone know how?Also no affair i just have a girl who wants to have all conversations thru text and i want her to call me if it is a long conversation,but she wont listen.So i would like to mess with her.

lol I'm impressed you spent 7 bucks for the ability to

Reactions: nightdiff
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones