• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does anyone know of any Rebates or Coupons regarding the AT&T Note???

CASUAL

Sep 10, 2010
Loma Linda, California
Ive been a customer with AT&T for over over 10 years; ive been with them since way back when they were known as cingular wireless. I always pay my bills on time and im due for my two year upgrade. I plan on getting the Note since my captivate broke yesterday and i am phoneless. Is there a way for me to get a SGN for free? or does anyone know where to get a rebate or a coupon for it?

$300 for a two year upgrade is a little steep

when i bought my samsung captivate i remember i got it from bestbuy for $100 off with a coupon

I am sure Alot of people can benefit from this thread if someone knew of a rebate or coupon ;););)

I don't know of a single place that you can get it free, but if you know you're gonna stick with the phone for at least 6 months (181 days) I'd suggest amazon wireless. I've had great luck with them and their customer service. The phone is $229.99 from them right now, but the bigger deal is that in California there's no sales tax added on. As I'm sure you know here in Cali we are normally taxed on the full retail price of the phone, which is an extra $60 or so on top of the $300 if you buy straight from AT&T. So if you think about it. $360 vs $230 including shipping and a free car charger you basically have a $130 off coupon. :)

Reactions: CASUAL
Upvote 0
That's a good price at Amazon. My only problem is, right now I'm paying 25.00 for 2 gb of data. (I'm on a family plan). It looks like AT&T doesn't offer that plan anymore. It's now 30.00 for 3 gb of data.

I'm due for an upgrade since last month. Can I get the 25.00 data plan on Amazon? I went through the process of ordering one but there wasn't an option to get the data plan for 25.00 for 2 gb.

Upvote 0
Im part of a family plan to and i also paid $25 per month... when i called yesterday to cancel my internet due to me not having a phone they told me that if and when i got a new smartphone that the new price was going to be $30 for 3gigs... this was a regular at&t rep too i just found out about this amazon thing.

Has anyone ever bought a phone from amazon? best buy has that thing where if the phone has a defect you can replace it in under 30 days...
If i bought the phone off of amazon and it had a defect how easy would it be to get it replaced?? I'm definitely interested in buying from amazon...

Upvote 0
Im part of a family plan to and i also paid $25 per month... when i called yesterday to cancel my internet due to me not having a phone they told me that if and when i got a new smartphone that the new price was going to be $30 for 3gigs... this was a regular at&t rep too i just found out about this amazon thing.

So I'm wondering if I'm not actually canceling my data plan but signing a new 2 year contract if I can still keep my 25.00 plan from either AT&T or if I go through Amazon.

Upvote 0
So I'm wondering if I'm not actually canceling my data plan but signing a new 2 year contract if I can still keep my 25.00 plan from either AT&T or if I go through Amazon.

well theres only two options on amazon, the $30 plan and the $50 plan and you have to pick one or else it wont let you move on to the next section. You could probably have someone at at&t fix the price down for you back down to $25 but its gonna need to be a supervisor. I say you have like a 50% of getting the price adjusted depending on what supervisor you get and what mood they are in:hmmmm2:

Upvote 0
To bad your phone broke.. I went to best buy with the printout from amazon showing the phone as 229.99 and I traded in my droid charge. I ended up paying $176 instead of $330. It depends where you go and what salesperson you get.. Best buy don't do price matching with websites or any store that 25 miles or less from the store, so I was lucky.. Hope you find a discount because this is a great phone..

Reactions: CASUAL
Upvote 0

I almost bought a phone from Amazon once. I had the same concerns about my data plan. You can always keep your existing service options when upgrading, no matter who it is from. I did some research and found that you just have to call ATT after the sale is done and let them know. They are supposed to let you keep your plan options.

Reactions: ItalianHunk
Upvote 0
Yeah even if Amazon makes you choose a different plan you can just contact the carrier once you've ordered it. I've ordered from Amazon a couple of times and I've called their customer service and it is AMAZING. The reps are incredibly helpful, they aren't reading off a script like I've felt from other places. Also, any time I've called them, there's no "press 1 for this, press 2 for this" kind of stuff. I've been on hold 2 minutes max and then a representative helps me. (I promise I don't work for them) I am super impressed with them and will continue to order from them as I feel like I will always get someone who can actually help me if something goes wrong or I have questions.

Reactions: ItalianHunk
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones