• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Does anyone know what the recent (last few days) update is for?

jws3

Jun 27, 2010
Got a message yesterday that there is an update available. I am hoping it addresses some of the issues caused by the switch to 2.2 "Froyo".

Does anyone know what it is for other than to add a few VZ apps, which I'll bet are likely stupid and not removable if past history is a guide. It is intended to fix issues, or is it just marketing BS?

Thanks!

Got a message yesterday that there is an update available. I am hoping it addresses some of the issues caused by the switch to 2.2 "Froyo".

Does anyone know what it is for other than to add a few VZ apps, which I'll bet are likely stupid and not removable if past history is a guide. It is intended to fix issues, or is it just marketing BS?

Thanks!

Yes. There is a big discussion of it on the main page, along with 20 smaller ones. You should probably find one of those and read up...

Upvote 0
The other threads have probably been merged with this thread, Nov. Maintenance OTA Update Discussion Thread, since many people in this forum have the rather annoying habit of starting multiple threads on the same subject. Kind of like the "Low on Space" threads that were started today. As if that's something new.

My mistake was in thinking that because I didn't see the update until 11/14 others were similarly situated. Didn't occur to me that the thread could be that old. Thanks for taking the time. I'm still a neophyte with phones and remain amazed that so many devote an incredible (pun intended) amount to time to matters I don't at all get, like "rooting". I'd have to find some kid to figure it out for me. Damned if I have a clue what's going on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones