• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does anyone mount their 5.0 to a docking station?

the dock arrived, and can actually hold it. although I have to take the case off of the player when I want to dock it. no big deal for me. mine is the
"Philips Fidelio AS351/37 Bluetooth Speaker Dock" look it up on amazon. but I think you can find it a bit cheaper elsewhere. I paid $25. I'd imagine it can hold the 4.0 if it can handle the larger 5.0

Upvote 0
New to forum. I just ordered a Samsung Galaxy 4.2. I am new to the Android world and hope someone can answer my question.
I am also in the market for a speaker dock for the Samsung Galaxy. Samsung seems to have a number of docking stations, but from what I can tell the docking station is for charging only and the music connects through Bluetooth.
I am interested in a docking station that can play the music through the dock (if possible). I guess the other option would be through a wired cable. If for whatever reason, these options are not available, so be it.
It would be greatly appreciated if anyone can point me in the right direction as far as a decent speaker dock is concerned. Up to $300 is my range.
Thanks!

Upvote 0
Just bought a galaxy 4.2 from Newegg and should arrive in a few days. Was also interested in a docking station, but am a bit weary of the sound quality of a bluetooth compared to a wired connection? Maybe just old school way of thinking, but was wondering about the sound quality of your dock?
Thanks!

Upvote 0
Mine wasn't connected to a dock but the sound quality of my BT speaker was great. I actually got this one after hearing a friends phone connected to it playing Pandora.

Creative D100 originally $80 now 1/2 price.

Screenshot_2012-11-22-13-15-23-1.png

Reactions: Lamf77
Upvote 0
I have not gotten my player yet, so please humor me....what is Pandora? Is that an app? And when you say BT speaker you are referring to the one picture correct?
Thanks!

Pandora...internet radio like Sirius for example. And yes there is an app.
BT is just short for bluetooth and yes, that's what's pictured.
There are so many different ones to choose from that when it comes to accessories you're never finished shopping. :p

I've thing I'm curious about is what most off you use your player for. Other than media (movies, music) mine wasn't good for anything intensive like games.

Upvote 0
I just ordered mine this morning...have not even gotten it yet. Most off for music, possibly video. I have no clue what is out there, so I would think once I begin to find out, I will use it for much more. Doubt I will use it much for gaming.

I'm not a huge gamer by any stretch of the imagination. I like games that don't fight back. :D
Words with friends is more my speed. Lately I've been playing Puzzle Quest. That's always been a fave of mine.

On my player PQ would often struggle but I don't have that issue any more on the Note 2. Now that I have this phone, I don't miss the player. It was fun while it lasted.

If I were to invest in another it would be the 5.8" screen with faster processor.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones