1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Does Anyone Own A 32GB Version?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RingKing, Nov 14, 2011.

1. RingKing

RingKing Well-Known Member

Looks like Samsung is doing the same as what they did for the SGS2. Announcing a 32gb version but never delivering. I wonder why the company does that.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. JunBringer

JunBringer Android Expert

I think the carriers end up wanting to keep the cost down and only end up ordering 16GB versions. It's BS. I want options!

3. RingKing

They should at least announce that they're not selling the 32gb version anymore. It would suck if I bought the Note now, only to find out that a 32gb will really come out soon.

4. JunBringer

That'll probably happen with the white one, like they've done with the white Evo and red Incredible here in the States.

5. theelo

theelo Newbie

At this time I'm not aware of any other version except the 16GB one, but I'm sure the 32GB version will show up sooner or later. Patience :)

6. mobilebuddha

mobilebuddha Guest

the note has a micro sd card slot, right?

7. RingKing

Yes it has.

8. John566

John566 Newbie

The microSD slot also works with 64GB microSDXC. I have one in mine and it is working great.

JunBringer and theelo like this.
  9. 16gb and micro sd slot enough for me

10. theelo

theelo Newbie

Thank you John566 for bringing that up and for confirmation. That is great news as I was afraid microSDXC will not be compatible with the Note.

11. JunBringer

Very good. I read that on AndroidNZ's blog as well. I'd rather have 32GB + 64GB though rather than 16GB + 64GB :)

12. dt99

dt99 Newbie

JunBringer likes this.
  13. RingKing

Very interesting mod, though I will never do it. So many things can go wrong.

14. JunBringer

I wouldn't do it either, but it's still badass!

15. ahnsk1

ahnsk1 Lurker

They have launched 32gb in end Nov at Korea.

16. RingKing

Could you provide a link for any article (with proof of 32gb) about it?

17. JunBringer

I'd like a 32GB one and next year get one of those 128GB MicroSD cards :) 160GB in my pants betch!

18. touringhaggis

touringhaggis Android Enthusiast

Hi All,

I have a 32Gb version (so they do exist), although they are still very rare and I had to import mine from Austria.

Regards,
    Eric.

cdl likes this.
  19. JunBringer

Austrians: Right about Economics and GBs since 1804

20. cdl

cdl Android Enthusiast

Could you say where you found it, if it was an online retailer?

Also, did you manage to root it? In other words, do the rooting methods for the 16GB Note work for the 32GB one, too?

Thanks

21. touringhaggis

I got mine second hand on E-Bay (Germany). Here is a new one that is available (last one of five):

eBay: Neue und gebrauchte Elektronikartikel, Autos, Kleidung, Sammlerst?cke, Sportartikel und mehr ? alles zu g?nstigen Preisen

There are also people selling the white version if you prefer, but these are all second hand. The link above is a shop that will ship to the UK with a two year guarante. It will set you back 589,88 Euro plus 20 Euro postage. Like I said it is the last one he has.

Remember that you can buy from the German version of E-Bay if you have an account with E-Bay anywhere so it should be no problem for you.

Hope this helps...

Regards,
    Eric Ritchie.

22. cdl

cdl Android Enthusiast

Thank you. Have you managed, or at least tried, to root it?
    I am wondering if the roothing methods which work for the 16GB version also work for the 32GB one... :thinking:

23. touringhaggis

I have not really had a need to root my phone so far to be honest (even the battery drain does not drive me to it) so I was planning to wait for ICS before rooting. However, since there is not special firmware for the 32gb version I would be highly surprised if you could not use the same procedure. The only difference between the two is the size of the internal flash memory.

Regards,
    Eric Ritchie.

cdl likes this.

Samsung Galaxy Note Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note release date was January 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 2500mAh battery.

January 2012
Release Date
Reviews