1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

does anyone play two player games with two controllers

Discussion in 'Android Accessories' started by DeeGore, Dec 14, 2013.

1. DeeGore

DeeGore Lurker

Hi,
    I'm using a sixaxis controller to play games, and want to get a second controller for some multiplayer action.
    My question is can I get a different type of controller, or am I better off getting another sixaxis.
    I mostly want to play nintendo emulators two player.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. DeeGore

DeeGore Lurker

Got it working. Here is what I found out.

So I went to gamestop and picked up a red samurai controller. It could not connect while the sixaxis was connected. If I had paid attention when connecting the sixaxis I would have known this because it says it modifies the bluetooth to work with the sixaxis controller. I returned the red samurai and got another sixaxis. They paired fine and even lit up as 1 and 2 on the controllers.

First I went to play mario Kart 64 with Mupen64+ae. I had to mess around with the settings a bit but got it working without much trouble. Awesome.

Next I tried contra. I was bummed to discover that my favorite nes emulator (nesdroid) does not support 2 player at all. I installed just about every nes emulator available but they all have the same problem, both controllers control only player 1. I read that it should be possible to fix this by remapping the buttons on the sixaxis app and then remapping them in the emulator. I saved that as a last resort.
    Then I installed retroarch, an all in one emulator. It did exactly what I wanted without any tweaking at all. As soon as you press a button on the controller it gives a message that it was detected. Same for controller 2. Awesome to the max.

We will be playing tecmo super bowl on the big screen tonight.