1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Does anyone really USE AR Emoji/ Live draw?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by The_Chief, Feb 22, 2020.

1. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member Thread Starter

Okay, so do you USE the bells and whistles this thing came with? The 3D scanner to make dolls dance around; or swirly doodads in a 3D space; or AR emoji to make yourself look... well... creepy cartoonish?

And do you think Samsung will actually introduce some useful features with the Note 20, instead of gimmicky things no one uses?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kokiangel

kokiangel Android Expert

Nope. That sort of app/function was most likely aimed at a way younger generation than mine. Also, I tend to avoid commenting through social media so I actually have no pressing need for my own personal dancing emoji.

ocnbrze likes this.
  3. The_Chief

But but but but but... yeah, you're right. I have no need for it, either

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. J_Hansen

J_Hansen Well-Known Member

I made a spinning beer can with the 3D scanner when I first got the phone 5 months ago but haven't touched it since

ocnbrze likes this.
  5. I really like using it to put arrows and circles around anything that I’m explaining in a video, it’s like an annotation in Augmented reality, it’s great.

ocnbrze likes this.
  6. The_Chief

The screen recorder function is NICE - the Darling Bride's ditzy sister has an Android device (she needs a Jitterbug) and often calls because she can't figure out how to do... something. So I'll record the process on my phone, marking up things along the way, and then send her the video. I have AR Emoji of myself done, but I've only used them twice. I haven't done any video with them yet: and certainly none of the 3D doodle things...

ocnbrze likes this.
  7. The_Chief

Okay, so I dabbled in the AR Emoji and made a few images and GIFs that I can share with people (rarely). As far as the live action AR stuff, or AR doodle, I have yet to mess with them. In fact, I understand that so few people are messing with them that Samsung is not including a ToF camera on the Note 20.

8. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Well Apple produced something that this sounds an awful lot like these AR emoji a year or two ago. I know "Samsung copies Apple" is an old trope, and that all of these companies copy each other (including Apple), but at the same time given that many Apple owners I know seem to find them amusing I can't say I'm surprised that Samsung suddenly have something similar.

As for myself, well I don't have a Samsung (bar my old tablet) but I uninstalled all of Google's AR photo stuff long ago so I guess I'd be in the "no" camp.

9. biker74

biker74 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I didn't, but have started using Live draw for birthday wishes. Done loads, well 4.

10. The_Chief

Every once in awhile I'll send an AR emoji GIF to someone... but it's very seldom. It's another gimmick that Samsung really talked up at last year's Unpacked, making much ado about little...

Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 10 release date was August 2019. Features and Specs include a 6.3" inch screen, 12MP camera, 8GB RAM, Exynos 9825 processor, and 3500mAh battery.

August 2019
Release Date
Reviews