1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Does anyone use and have Juice Defender Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TheSuperman, Dec 25, 2011.

1. TheSuperman

TheSuperman Member

I was wondering if anyone is using Juice Defender? If so, would you have any recommendations as to what would be the best settings for it?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Greeny173

Greeny173 Newbie

Using Juice Defender Ultimate, but still analyzing it in different scenarios to determine best settings. Right now I am using the aggressive profile which basically has a battery threshold of 15% which at that point shuts down all connectivity. I tend to use my wifi when at home and that seems to save battery life as well as data time for me. :) Will post more as I use it. My razr is just under one month old so I am still in a learning curve.

3. LeDroitGTIGuy

LeDroitGTIGuy Newbie

For what it's worth, I've had my Razr since November 10th, and I started out with Juice Defender Ultimate (having come to swear by it on the Thunderbolt as the one thing that got me off the extended battery and back to a normal-sized phone). What I found with JDU on my Razr is that it's a little too intrusive with the data connectivity, and the Razr doesn't seem to handle the transitions from data-off to data-on very well. I uninstalled JDU and started experimenting with Smart Actions, and I've been able to get to the point where I'm going through a full day of moderate use on 3G/4G with only about 50-60% battery consumption. This, and I don't have to worry about the data transitions at all. To sum up, I think Smart Actions > Juice Defender on the Razr.

4. Szadzik

Szadzik Extreme Android User

Used JD Ultimate for a few days to test it and was totally disappointed with it. It did not save any battery for me.

5. TheSuperman

TheSuperman Member

First, what are smart actions?

Second, even with out Juice Defender, I've been noticing that with the RAZR, sometimes I have no data connection at all, in areas where I absolutely should. Has anyone had this issue?

6. Powersurge

Powersurge Member

Smart Actions is the integrated Motorola software that allows you to set up rules to take certain actions (enable/disable Wifi, 3G/4G, Bluetooth, GPS etc., send SMS, run specific apps and so on) based on triggers (like time, location, battery level etc.) to automate changing settings according to the situation and save battery life (e.g. there's a predefined rule that disables background data when the battery level drops below 25% or so).

It's not as sophisticated as apps like Tasker (I don't know what Juice Defender can do) and could have more fine-grained triggers, but it can already do quite a few things and is easy to learn. And it's free because it comes with the phone. :)

Here's a long thread about it.

TheSuperman likes this.

Motorola Droid RAZR Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews