1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Does anyones gs2 work normally?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TheTrueSpin, Aug 21, 2011.

1. TheTrueSpin

TheTrueSpin Android Enthusiast
    None

May 21, 2010
    I really want to buy this phone but there seems to be so many people experiencing overheating and WiFi problems. Does anyone have no issues?

Advertisement

2. heshanj

heshanj Android Expert
    None

the heating problem (and battery drain) was an early firmware problem.. updated to the newest firmware, u wont have any heat issues, and battery life is pretty damn good too, compared to the early firmware..

wifi signal strength has been an issue for some.. but i find it to be on par with other phones ive used.. i havent used iphone so i cant comment on how it compares.. but i wouldnt say that the wifi issue is big enough to turn anyone away from this phone, its truly magnificent ;)

3. evohicks

evohicks Android Expert

Jun 26, 2011
    Male
    Shropshire, UK
    There are going to be problems with some phones, its the same with any manufacturer. mine works flawlessly now and I wouldn't swap it for anything else out there. :)

4. ironass

ironass Android Expert

Aug 17, 2010
    Male
    Keeping one step ahead of the Tax man
    Cotswolds, England
    Mine works bl**dy great!

As heshanj stated, some of the earlier firmwares were less than perfect.

However, since the late KF's and KG firmwares, these issues have been, as you would expect, largely ironed out.

Am running KH3 now and battery consumption is better, no overheating, signal strength (wifi/3G/GPS) are improved.

5. srikat

srikat Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 17, 2011
    Male
    Bangalore, India
    After installing Juice Defender app, battery drain seems to have come down. Could be a placebo effect.

6. lankunit

lankunit Member
    None

Jul 15, 2011
    The problems you listed are mainly due to firmware bugs. If you buy one now chances are it will have a newer firmware and the bugs are gone.

7. Twinn

Twinn Android Expert
    None

Jul 24, 2011
    Male
    Ireland
    it`s actually great app. once u get ultimate ver and learn how to set advanced options according to your needs u will get great results.

8. Jigsy

Jigsy Member
    None

Dec 16, 2009
    West Mids, UK
    Mostly people come on the forums to talk about problems they are having or ask for advice and more often than not they get a solution.

I think I read somewhere that Samsung have sold over 5 million of these handsets, so if you put that into perspective it really is a very small minority of people having problems with them. Like previous people have already mentioned the battery and heat issues were problems from earlier firmware and those have been resolved now with updates.

It really is a magnificent piece of kit, how Samsung have managed to put so much into a slim case is truly unbelievable. If you get one you won

9. Marvel901

Marvel901 Newbie
    None

May 12, 2011
    Just a minute
    I have had my GSII since just after it was issued in the uK. I am the sort of chap who, if there is a faulty machine to be had,.... I get it. But no, in this instance I have maybe been lucky.. or what ?

I have seen and read other forums for eg the HTC sensation and many others, all of which are suffering many difficulties but, come on, these forums are about problems you may have not about problems you dont have.

Heating problems , Yes I am on 2.3.3 and heavy usage of graphics makes it get hot, (ever tried playing Crisis on your PC with the fan off, Oh hang on the phone does not have a fan Mmmmm ).
    My Wi-fi could be better but it works OK
    Many complaints about bluetooth connection to PC, well I have no problem pairing and sharing pictures and files with my laptop via bluetooth missing drivers .. what drivers.. mine works a dream first time every time with a Dell core i5 15 R anyway, and no download or updated drivers as I recall.
    Allshare works fine on the TV except for video with the Sony Bravia but its simply a matter of down loading to a PC and on to a memory stick, no conversion and it plays fine.
    OTG USB IS able to transfer file both from the stick to the phone and save from the phone to the stick, said by some to be impossible I understand.

Of all the things I have read on this forum the only thing I can criticise is the heating, and the lack of video calls, though tbh I dont personally have any friends that have the facility to receive them..

You guys who write ,. how many more problems can this phone have??!! should take stock and look at the forums of whatever phone you own .. you will find just as many problems I think, as that is what forums are for are they not..

The SGS2 is maybe not perfect as no phone ever will be but I cant think of anything better right now .. as I said maybe I am lucky

I think there are many more people out there who are entirely satisfied by this phone and NO I do not work for Samsung indeed I usually buy Sony stuff..

Cheers

10. Ichiboz

Ichiboz Newbie
    None

Jun 7, 2011
    Mine works fine.

11. melll

melll Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 21, 2010
    I do it all
    Toronto Ontario
    Get it. No regrets. Its an amazing phone. I came from the HTC Incredible S. And the difference is HUGE in speed and quality.

I am so happy I got it.

12. shivram100

shivram100 Member
    None

Jun 13, 2011
    I am one satisfied user of the SG2. Been having it for over 80 days. This is my replacement device as the first one was replaced by the Service Centre. I had complained that the device did not come with the Music Hub, and the SC tried installing the MH, and it did not display the network with any SIM and so the guy was kind enough to replace the device itself, though the 2nd one too does not have the MH.
    From a Brand Loyal Nokia fan, with a charge which lasts 24-36 hrs, the batteries was initially a let down as mine did not last for more than 12-15 hrs. Now after reading thru the various optimizations for the phone on this forum, I am happy to say that it carries me through a day.

13. lotus49

lotus49 Android Expert
    None

May 9, 2011
    Male
    Yorkshire
    I bought mine as soon as they came out on O2 in UK and I haven't had any real problems (that is, ones that weren't caused by my ignorance of Android).

One of the primary purposes of a forum like this is to discuss problems. The very many people who have not had problems don't post saying "it works fine" so you tend to get a misleading impression.

In a similar vein, my cousin is a policewoman. She thinks everyone is a criminal. I think that's because she tends to meet a lot of criminals in her line of work not because everyone really is a criminal.

14. jelenam

jelenam Lurker
    None

Aug 22, 2011
    Mine works great!!! I think that I can't find now better phone. I left my iPhone and for me sgs2 have many many +++++.