1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Does anything work????

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by terry42, Sep 22, 2014.

1. terry42

terry42 Newbie

Does anything work on this phone (S5) I can't get fingerprint security to work nor can I get S Voice to work????
    I can register 3 fingerprints but they are never recognized when I try to unlock the screen, well maybe after the 36 tries. And the same goes for S Voice, won't even recognize simple words after another 36 tries. well yes exaggerating but how do you get these things to work?????? is there a secret handshake needed or something :thinking:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. acraftylady

acraftylady Android Enthusiast

Everything works fine on my phone and I don't have those issues. Maybe the phone is defective, have you gone back to your carrier to have them look at it, that is the first thing I would try is to ask them. Mary!

3. Firewill10

Firewill10 Android Enthusiast

You can also go into Samsung apps and update them

4. jejb

jejb Well-Known Member

This has been my experience as well. Fingerprint reader and S Voice, and everything else I've tried, have all worked very well.

I did not get along with the stock keyboard, but I think that's because I'm use to Swype, which I went back to quickly.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S5 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews