• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Does anything work????

terry42

Aug 29, 2014
Does anything work on this phone (S5) I can't get fingerprint security to work nor can I get S Voice to work????
I can register 3 fingerprints but they are never recognized when I try to unlock the screen, well maybe after the 36 tries. And the same goes for S Voice, won't even recognize simple words after another 36 tries. well yes exaggerating but how do you get these things to work?????? is there a secret handshake needed or something :thinking:

Everything works fine on my phone and I don't have those issues. Maybe the phone is defective, have you gone back to your carrier to have them look at it, that is the first thing I would try is to ask them. Mary!
This has been my experience as well. Fingerprint reader and S Voice, and everything else I've tried, have all worked very well.

I did not get along with the stock keyboard, but I think that's because I'm use to Swype, which I went back to quickly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones