• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does att throttle speeds if u have unlimited data?

son of a.... well mabye i won't fall into this 5% category considering i never get reception anyway.

This is their way of choking the snot out of unlimited grandfathered plan customes until you give in and get one of their cash-cow tier plans.

Basically, go over 2GB of your unlimited plan and you're choked not soft but suffocating.

Upvote 0
You have to go WELL over 2GB before they will throttle you. Think more like 10GB+

Baldilocks is right! Most wireless customers receiving a throttling notice mentioned that they were in the 9G+ usage. My guess is when some post that they hit 9G.. they may be buffering the number some and actually went well over 10G like Baldilocks posted.

And I thought "I" used my unlimited data a lot.. I cant manage to use no more than 5G per month and here I am streaming as much as can. I guess there are some power-users out there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones