• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does Best Buy honor and/or match Verizon's New Every 2

stacyadell

Lurker
Jul 13, 2010
Ok so I have heard mixed things about BB and Big Red's NE2 upgrade. The VZW CSR I talked to said I should not have a problem upgrading with my NE2 at BB, but I have seen information contradicting this on the BB website forums. Some said they do not honor it and some said they will price match if you print out the pricing from the VZW website after your NE2.

I am one of the lucky ones with a $100 NE2 credit which I am eligible for right now. I pre-ordered at BB (number 1 on the list) but do not want to get it from BB if it means not getting the $100 instant rebate plus my NE2 $100 rebate.

Any concrete clarification I can got on this would be great! I called BB but after 13 minutes on hold I hung up.

Ok so I have heard mixed things about BB and Big Red's NE2 upgrade. The VZW CSR I talked to said I should not have a problem upgrading with my NE2 at BB, but I have seen information contradicting this on the BB website forums. Some said they do not honor it and some said they will price match if you print out the pricing from the VZW website after your NE2.

I am one of the lucky ones with a $100 NE2 credit which I am eligible for right now. I pre-ordered at BB (number 1 on the list) but do not want to get it from BB if it means not getting the $100 instant rebate plus my NE2 $100 rebate.

Any concrete clarification I can got on this would be great! I called BB but after 13 minutes on hold I hung up.

new every 2 ??

whatst hat (sorry im a newb)

Upvote 0
NE2 = New Every 2 its a loyalty program Verizon offers to existing costumers. Mine is $100 because I was grandfathered in for having them so long but now the NE2 ranges from $35-$50 depending on when you signed onto big red.

Okay, I just called the local BB I pre-ordered from (Everett, MA right literally 5 minutes from Boston) instead of 1800 Best Buy which I did and waited 13 minutes on hold then hug up. I should have just called them to begin with. The person I spoke to was not sure about the NE2 price match so he put me on hold to talk to his manager. He got back to me asked for my cell number and the last four of my social and said YES they would indeed give me the NE2 rebate and the mail in rebate.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones