• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Does bluetooth work at all?

Weedyapl

Lurker
Feb 28, 2009
Hey all i cant see to get my G1 to actually locate any bluetooth devices at all be it a bluetooth headset, PDA or other phone. Yet my PDA can see the G1 perfectly fine but when i attempt to connect it says the G1 has no ability to do anything out of the 4 options e.g file transfer etc, use as modem..

Is there anything else im doing wrong my headset can be found by my motorola mobile just fine?

I see people can get things to pair but i cant even get that far. Is there bluetooth settings somewhere else i dont know about?

Sure have i have a Jabra BT135, my motorola picks it up just fine (have just tested and i have the manual). For some reason the Android OS wont pick up any bluetooth devices for me at all. I also have a motorola bluetooth headset which it fails to see :( .

The problem is definately with the Android OS because my PDA can see my G1 but it just wont let me connect says there is no functionality on my G1.

Upvote 0
:D
Guys dont know if iam losing the plot here - i have tried to connect my G1 to my pc and it has "paired" fine - yet when I try and transfer a picture to my G1 from my pc the wizard says file transfer unsuccesful, and my G1 says unable to connect via usb?????
can anybody advise please - its definately paired with my pc, so what am i doing wrong??

fran:mad:

G1 only supports bluetooth headsets, no file transfers as of yet...

Upvote 0
The G1 only does headsets through Bluetooth? Why? What's with the iPhone-like restrictions?

There are no restrictions, the code to transfer files and talk to stereo headsets simply isnt there on the phone. There was a security issue with the bluetooth stack prior to release, so Google had three options. One release the phone with the flaw, Two release the phone without the full stack or three delay Launch. Google took the best option in my opinion

Upvote 0
:D
Guys dont know if iam losing the plot here - i have tried to connect my G1 to my pc and it has "paired" fine - yet when I try and transfer a picture to my G1 from my pc the wizard says file transfer unsuccesful, and my G1 says unable to connect via usb?????
can anybody advise please - its definately paired with my pc, so what am i doing wrong??

fran:mad:

You can connect your G1 to pc via USB for file transfer but you have to mount it (like linux). So when you plug it in, look up the top where the notifications are, slide it down with your finger and select connect with USB or whatever it says :)

Now it will appear as a drive on your pc

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones