1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Does Calendar (Google/Samsung) APP delete old data?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by WimYogya, Aug 15, 2017.

1. WimYogya

WimYogya Newbie
    None

Sep 9, 2012
    Hello,

My Google WEBSITE calendar on pc or smartphone has all my old data, synced with my Windows OUTLOOK on my pc.
    But strangely enough: the Google calendar on the ANDROID app does not show data older dan March 30, 2016 - except the yearly recurring events like birthdays. In the past they displayed all.

Is that correct, intended policy, or a bug?

Regards,
    Wim

Advertisement

#1 WimYogya, Aug 15, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
    buathonghadchaiyapom likes this.
  2. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Android Expert
    VIP Member

That's the way it's always been, it (Google calendar) doesn't pull everything from forever but you still should be able to search for something and it should find it. It hasn't deleted anything, it's all still there just not showing. There may have been versions that pulled everything but I haven't used the stock calendar in a long time. I use CalenGoo and it will pull everything, there are a ton of calendar apps that sync with Google and I bet most of them will show the full history.

3. Patrick Kelly

Patrick Kelly Newbie
    None

Sep 16, 2016
    Male
    The information needs to be available somewhere for some. When I was working I learned that your daytimer kept daily was a legal business record and in civil actions it was presumed to be true and accurate absent testimony to the contrary. On a couple of occasions it saved me some serious trouble.

I checked and entries on my phone end in May, 2016, but in Outlook they go back farther.

4. WimYogya

WimYogya Newbie
    None

Sep 9, 2012
    Yes, in

That only goes for outlook on my PC (not the outlook.com calendar!) ALL events/appointments are saved and visible. Strangely enough: on the Google WEB calendar as well, but NOT op android-app-calendars.... And nothing can be found that is not displayed....