1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Does Dolphin browser just not work in general on S3?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mikes1, Aug 21, 2012.

1. mikes1

mikes1 Android Enthusiast

I have no idea what is wrong with it but any version of Dolphin doesn't work on my S3. I have tried all of them and they just freeze instantly. I just need to go in and copy text from a webpage and I can't do it. When I try chrome and long press nothing even comes up. No options. Dolphin freezes...I don't get how something simple can be this difficult.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

Apparently dolphin works although I don't use it.

Chrome though. You have to long press specifically on a word, not a space. It should highlight the word and allow you to alter the scope of selection. During this entire time, at the top should be copy / paste options

3. DaveL83

DaveL83 Lurker

Im using the Dolphin Mini browser on GS3 and it works fine.

4. air1keh

air1keh Newbie

Using version 8.7.0 on my GS3 on the Verizon network. Works flawlessly. Sorry to see you are having issues.

5. kurtyyyyyy

kurtyyyyyy Well-Known Member

I love dolphin. Would give it 10/10 if you had the option to keep tabs always at the top.

6. Jeepmaster

Jeepmaster Well-Known Member

Works fine on my i747m from Rogers. It's my default browser. Never had problems with any versions of dolphin.

7. miyooper

miyooper Well-Known Member

just started using Dolphin 8.7 and really like it. No problems with freezing with copy and paste.

8. mikes1

mikes1 Android Enthusiast

Well I played around with it a bit more. It's actually only when I use the facebook app. Ever since getting Chrome that has been the only browser I used. The first site I opened with Dolphin since getting my S3 was facebook and it seems to just cause the browser to crash. Other than facebook, Dolphin is working fine. Still on Chrome though I can't copy and paste from facebook. A long press from facebook in Chrome won't bring any options up. And then when I went to Dolphin to try facebook to copy and paste the thing just froze up. Frustrating

9. Stuntman

Stuntman Android Expert

Have you tried reinstalling the app? If that doesn't work, you can try restarting your phone.

10. Krunk83

Krunk83 Android Enthusiast

Yup, does the same for Facebook for me too. Just switch to desktop version in settings when going to Facebook, then it works fine.

11. rushmore

rushmore Extreme Android User

Dolphin works great on the GS3, plus does great with Flash. Even with Jellybean on the TF300 :)

The Dolphin beta does NOT work with Flash though, so I saved 8.7, just in case.

Yes, I hijacked the thread and talked more about Flash.

BTW, the "100 times faster" than stock claim about the Dolphin beta. I am not seeing that and calling it a play on technical words.

12. BringTheRain403

BringTheRain403 Android Enthusiast

Works perfect for me

13. cntryby

cntryby Newbie

Dolphin works great for me!

14. mojomojo

mojomojo Well-Known Member

When I zoom larger,Dolphin no longer fits the text to fill screen.I have to pan across from side to side to read the whole sentence.
    Anyone know how to fix this?

15. jcmtyler

jcmtyler Well-Known Member

Check the following two settings (8.7.0)
    Auto-fit pages = ON
    Open Pages in Overview = OFF

16. hvrc

hvrc Android Enthusiast

dolphin browser working good here...

facebook app= fail on sprint sgs3 when trying to update or post status
    chrome browser on facebook= fail on sprint sgs3

i know they both work flawlessly on verizons and atts sgs3.....

as far as dolphin hd, idk yet, i just switched to dolphin from chrome because of the above, loving it with real full screen so far, and yep, faster then stock browser, and the cool gestures thing

17. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy

It is, indeed, a play on technical words. The 100x faster claim was in reference to HTML5, specifically. Overall, I'm finding that it isn't the fastest overall, but a decent browser. Once HTML5 is more common, though, it should shine.

18. Nadal4Hand

Nadal4Hand Lurker

Dolphin works fine with my S3.

19. Sandroidfan

Sandroidfan Android Expert

I think their claim was up to 100% faster than chrome and up to 10X faster than android stock browser, not 100X.

20. Max_Headroom

Max_Headroom Well-Known Member

Dolphin works fine with my S3 and is a lot faster than the other browsers i have tried, copy & paste works fine.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews