• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does Email on Droid load all messages like outlook

jeanninerdh

Lurker
Apr 29, 2010
I have a hotmail account with a lot of saved messages...not sure why, but I keep them. Anyway, I want to synch with my droid, but don't want to waste space on the droid with the old messages. My question is...does the email app work like Outlook and download all the messages to the phone?

Also, if I forward my emails from hotmail to gmail will that accomplish my goal to get new messages without wasting space.

Sorry for a dumb question, but I am not sure exactly how this stuff works.

Thanks

Can't speak for Hotmail, but I use my Gmail account on my Hero. Forwarding will get you your new messages, and I haven't noticed my Gmail taking up a lot of space. I suggest playing around with the settings in Gmail, there should be a setting to delete from the phone only. I can tell you that Gmail is very fast with these phones, I'll get my mail on my phone before I do on my pc. There's also no loss of functionality, you can move mail to different labels, delete messages and everything else.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones