1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Does enabling flash content in a web browser force close (with no notice) on you?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tracerit, Feb 4, 2011.

1. tracerit

tracerit Android Enthusiast

I've noticed this happened with my first phone, with my 2nd refurbed phone, and now my third refurbed phone. It happened whether it was rooted or entirely stock. Happens in both Google's Internet app and with Dolphin HD (primary app).

I set the flash content to "On Demand" and when I see that green arrow, i click on it and it'll just close out the program with no "Force Close or Wait" popup box. It happens randomly, I'll usually have to go back into the app, go to history, go back to the page, and try again. I'll say this happens 20-40% of the time. It's annoying.

I've used the original Flash Player and the newest updated Flash Player installs, and both have the same issue.

I just figured others must be going through this as well, as it's happened to me across all three phones.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Extreme Android User

Happens only if I get to aggressive with overclocking

3. tracerit

thing is my phone isn't overclocked at all. its not a RAM issue either since it happens when i just reboo tthe phone and then open the first page with flash content.

4. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Extreme Android User

Have you updated flash in the market? Also try clearing data and cache for flash and both web apps in the market. Back up your bookmarks first

5. tracerit

it has to be something i've downloaded, or a combination of things beacuse it's happened on so many different phones i've owned. so i'm just going to do a quick nandroid and start new and slowly see when the "force closes" start occurring. i've never had this issue before nov/dec.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews