• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does Eris use the same Exchange client as the Droid?

Or did HTC write their own?

HTC wrote their own for the Eris. The Droid is running Android 2.0 which has native Exchange support. Version 1.5 of Android (which is what the Eris is running) does not have native Exchange support.

The HTC Exchange support is running pretty well for me so far. The only thing I don't like is that it will not sync your Tasks. I am hoping this will be fixed when the Eris gets an update to version 2.0 of Android.

Upvote 0
HTC wrote their own for the Eris. The Droid is running Android 2.0 which has native Exchange support. Version 1.5 of Android (which is what the Eris is running) does not have native Exchange support.

The HTC Exchange support is running pretty well for me so far. The only thing I don't like is that it will not sync your Tasks. I am hoping this will be fixed when the Eris gets an update to version 2.0 of Android.

Does 2.0 sync your outlook tasks? If it does how does it do it and how do you manage tasks on the phone?

Upvote 0
Does 2.0 sync your outlook tasks? If it does how does it do it and how do you manage tasks on the phone?

I have an Eris, so I only have 1.5 right now. I do not have the ability to sync my Exchange/Outlook Tasks with my device. Once the 2.0 upgrade becomes available for the Eris, I am hoping I will be able to manage my Tasks via the device.

Jeff

Upvote 0
I have an Eris, so I only have 1.5 right now. I do not have the ability to sync my Exchange/Outlook Tasks with my device. Once the 2.0 upgrade becomes available for the Eris, I am hoping I will be able to manage my Tasks via the device.

Jeff

I have both eris and droid and from what i can tell the HTC exchange inbox has more features than "the android experience" One of the big drawbacks I see with Iphone and android OS is very very poor tasks. There is nothing reliable to handle taks and give you reminders with incremental snooze and definitely nothing that works with the outlook system. Astrid on android is pretty good standalone that you can sync with remember the milk but nothing near as good as the basic outlook tasks. I love android over winmo any day but right now winmo actually KILLS android with task and even calendar reminder handling and multimedia playback, especially with things like coreplayer. Iphone actually has the same drawbacks in those categories.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones