• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root does everything work on GV 1.4 ?

well i tried it , and i quite like it :) but ,,it did seems a bit slower than leedroid,:thinking: ,also it used internal memory instead of sd:thinking:
even though i do have a partition , after clean instal i only had 60mb internal left , also could.'nt use swype in full swype mode , says not for this version :thinking:, so , i have nandroided back to leedroid for now .
thanks for your input anyway chaps .

Upvote 0
well i tried it , and i quite like it :) but ,,it did seems a bit slower than leedroid,:thinking: ,also it used internal memory instead of sd:thinking:
even though i do have a partition , after clean instal i only had 60mb internal left , also could.'nt use swype in full swype mode , says not for this version :thinking:, so , i have nandroided back to leedroid for now .

You obviously didn't read post 1 of the gingervillain thread regarding dalvik cache then ;)

Gv is much faster than leedroid so not sure why yours feels slower

Upvote 0
I been runnin GV for 3 days now an somfin be killin my battery! I thought I'd try GV, but as soon as Cyanogen signs RC2 off I'll tink I'll go back. With ADW there is no difference cosmetically.
Really? If I look at my battery stats, I see 1d 3h 16m on battery and the percentage is still 44% full (normal usage). With a light usage I should be able to get 2 days usage.

Upvote 0
You obviously didn't read post 1 of the gingervillain thread regarding dalvik cache then ;)

Gv is much faster than leedroid so not sure why yours feels slower
i did a full wipe an dlavik clean

ah yes now i see,,,
sua2sd cachesd
does that also splain the slowdown ?
i find leedroid very snappy with launcher pro .
gv not so much , seems to lag a bit

Upvote 0
i did a full wipe an dlavik clean

ah yes now i see,,,
sua2sd cachesd
does that also splain the slowdown ?
i find leedroid very snappy with launcher pro .
gv not so much , seems to lag a bit

No it wouldnt just the internal memory issue. Did you restore anything?

Also, in CM settings > performance You can set lock home in memory and VM heap to 32.

Upvote 0
No it wouldnt just the internal memory issue. Did you restore anything?

Also, in CM settings > performance You can set lock home in memory and VM heap to 32.
yeh resrored everything in titanium .
dint try the other bit , might have another go when i get another day off work , but for now i need a full working phone ,
many thanks

Upvote 0
as gngerbread will soon be rolled out on ota , am i right in assuming it will soon be custom romed a bit better ?,
maybe i should just wait a while ;)
I don't know if the libraries in the released version make any difference, but probably there will be updates for ASOP GB ROMs.
Anyway, this is a good news for Sense fans - they can finally expect to see Sense GB ROMs for Desire.

Upvote 0

Next time just delete Swype and reinstall via the Swype Installer.
FYI, most, if not all of your questions/concerns have probably been answered in the GV thread over on XDA. Check it out.

Upvote 0
I've had problems with GPS programmes / satnav while running GV, but that was a while ago. I'm going to make sure various programmes are running well today (on Defrost) then flash GV over the weekend. If everything is as it is after that then I'll be sticking with the Villain, if not I'll be back to Defrost.

SURoot: "Also, in CM settings > performance You can set lock home in memory and VM heap to 32" - This speed things up some?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones