• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Does factory reset restore CSC file?

irishdroid

Oct 28, 2009
Just wondering if doing a factory reset, or any other kind of reset, restores the original CSC. I removed it when I used Odin to update the phone a few months ago. I know I can use Odin again if I want to restore the CSC, I'm just not sure which CSC I need- does it have to match the firmware version, or is the CSC for a given carrier the same regardless of the firmware?

Restoring won't restore the CSC if you flashed without one.

The CSC should match the firmware its for because the customisations may be firmware specific. But since the customisations are pretty minimal using one from another firmware will probably work.

You could just flash with any firmware + coresponding CSC then update through NPS to your latest firmware + CSC if you want to stick with your operator CSC.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones