1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Does galaxy S2 in India has NFC support

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by drogon, Nov 14, 2011.

1. drogon

drogon Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I read that Galaxy S2 in India does not have NFC support in various forums. But someone told me that the newly manufactured models will have it. How can I verify this before buying? Considering that the sales personnel has no clue when I mention if it has NFC or not?

Advertisement

2. heshanj

heshanj Well-Known Member

well i havent heard of the SGS2 having NFC. it was only supposed to have it, before it was released. then everyone realised its not equipped with NFC. if u get the international SGS2 in india, then no.. it wont have NFC. and i dont think u'd really miss it.. many countries have not got the infrastructure ready to make NFC really useful., just my opinion :)

3. drogon

drogon Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I am just curious to know if its there or not. Apparently shops here at Bangalore has no clue on it if I ask whether its there or not. I guess I will go with whatever is available.

4. heshanj

heshanj Well-Known Member

yeah im with u on that one, i was a bit disapponited to hear that the SGS2 didnt come with NFC.. even though i'd never use it for at least a year or two..i wanted it to be 'ready for the future' :D but yeah, i wouldnt worry about it. the box might indicate if its got NFC support?