• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help does galaxy s6 sm-g920w8 accept the 7edge ROM

A

Android Question

Hi everybody
i have seen lately some videos about installing the samsung s7 edge on the s6 but most of it done on G920F models so i am wondering if the G920W8 CAN accept this ROM or it has to be the F Series thank you very much.

The F is a GSM-only device, while the W8 is a GSM/CDMA model. Now I don't know S6 ROMs at all, but from experience of other devices I would not assume that a ROM that works on a GSM model will also work on a CDMA one (some do, many do not).

So the only answer is to find out more about the particular ROM than just watching a video about installation. I did a quick search and found an XDA thread about one S7E port. That thread says in the first post that it's a hybrid of the G920F and G935F software, and says that it is for the G92X F/FD/I/K/L. No mention of the W, so for that one I would either assume it isn't supported or go to that thread and ask.

I don't know whether this is the same one you've watched a video for, or whether there are other ports of the S7E ROM, but if there are the solution is the same: find a discussion thread for the particular ROM, or other way of contacting the ROM developer, and hence find out before attempting to install it. Do not attempt to install without confirming first, and of course always take a nandroid before installing any ROM.

Reactions: qmuhsin
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones