• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does Gingerbread have HTML exchange email?

no I would like the activesync email account that I have set up through my phone to come in as html if the emails are html. currently they don't do this through the stock email widget they do it if I use touch down but not the stock email, why would this be? Is there a way to get tge stock email client to display html emails as html?

Upvote 0
no I would like the activesync email account that I have set up through my phone to come in as html if the emails are html. currently they don't do this through the stock email widget they do it if I use touch down but not the stock email, why would this be? Is there a way to get tge stock email client to display html emails as html?

So, you're seeing the html tags? Like "<blah> .... </blah>"?

Upvote 0
Thunderbolt's email client supports HTML email out of the box--provided you're on a version of Exchange that supports it with ActiveSync inherently. On Exchange 2003, my Thunderbolt's email client did not support HTML email. When I was migrated over to Exchange 2010, it supported HTML email. I think the 2007 version of Exchange does as well, but could be wrong.

Now, this said, I do know that some email clients worked with Exchange 2003 and HTML email--as I had this when I was trying various ROMs on other Android handset. The Gingerbread ROM I tried on my Sprint Evo did not support HTML email when I was on Exchange 2003, but did in 2010. This would lead me to conclude that Gingerbread has the same "limitations" as other email clients with respect to this functionality.

Joel

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones