1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Does home++ FC a lot on your Droid?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Matthew, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Matthew

Matthew Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2009
    Michigan
    So this is particular to the Droid because my friend has the Droid Eris and doesn't have this problem at least not to the extent that I do. But I have been a fan of home++ for awhile but the FC's are getting pretty old. I mean it does it at least 5-10 times a day. Today I got sick of it and finally uninstalled. Are you guys having the same problems? Any ideas?

Advertisement

2. Gunner

Gunner Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Yep, I used to get many a day. Finally got fed up, and uninstalled it. I'm running Sholes mod and Exec Assistant and don't really miss it any more.

3. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?

Nov 29, 2009
    Android App Developer
    NY
    I had Launcher+ FC on me a lot when connecting to docks. However, I think this is partially related to my ROM/Overclocking. a battery pull and slight notch down on the overclock made the FCs disappear.

Sometimes the phone just needs a reboot imo.

4. Bramsy

Bramsy Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Awsome-o
    Birmingham, MI
    i have noticed this too a bunch lately. not worried, takes 3 seconds to reload. Handcent has been doing this too for me. oh well, they're free. no room to complain

5. hexon

hexon Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Pharmacy Tech
    Knoxville, TN
    I get FC's all the time too with Home++. I just hit wait and have no problems. I wish they would update it. I don't think i've seen an update since I got my droid in january

6. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2009
    Someone should force close this thread. There's a billion (okay, I'm exaggerating) threads on Home++ and its "issues" (notice the quotes). If you're having a problem with it, uninstall it. It's likely that it's not Home++ and it's some sort of incompatibility with another bum app. I've been running Home++ almost since I've owned the phone (DROID) and I experience maybe 1-2 FC a week? Maybe less, depending.

7. JKaiz

JKaiz Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Orlando
    I have been having a few problems with home++ fc-ing I just reinstalled and it has been working fine. I am using 7 screens and have a ton of wiidgets running.

8. stevenlong

stevenlong Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    Computer Programmer
    Austin, TX
    I have not had FC but have had sever times where home++ is busy and I get the message asking if I want to FC it or wait.

I don't think this is a bug in home++ but is a resource issue. More CPU would "fix" this problem.

9. slick_old

slick_old Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Financial Analyst, Writer
    At one point, I was running stock 2.0.1 and had a ton of widgets and a ton of FC's.

Later, I reinstalled it rooted and OC'd at 1.0GHz and had only ONE widget (beautiful smaller home) and nothing else on any of the screens and I had zero FC's. I slowly started adding widgets and folders to my screens and the FC's began. I'm pretty certain that there are certain widgets that don't agree with Home++ but I don't have the time nor do I care enough to figure out which ones.

I've uninstalled it and I'm happy with my Smoked Glass theme even though I really liked the power strip. As a matter of fact, I think I like the dark Smoked Glass look better. Anyway, the app is dead... it hasn't been updated in months and it doesn't support live wallpapers so F it.

10. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?

Nov 29, 2009
    Android App Developer
    NY

[​IMG]

I'm force closing your head!

I'm force closing your head!

11. tsaunders

tsaunders Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    I had it FC a couple of times on me. I stopped using it and started using DroidMod

12. tox

tox New Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Network Administrator
    NJ
    Home++ rarely FC's on my droid. MAYBE once a week, if that.

13. unobtrusivetones

unobtrusivetones Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Cali
    I've had Home++ for over a month and it only FC'd on me twice. Overall it seems pretty stable.

14. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Chi-Town
    Yes, but less on Bugless.

15. Matthew

Matthew Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2009
    Michigan
    I wish I knew what was causing it, I'm running sholes rom right now but before that I was just stock and I still had the problems.

16. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Male
    Wireless Sales Manager
    Awesome! No one ever has any clue what I'm talking bout when I "squish" their head. This is why young children shouldn't have HBO in their own room.

17. joshi3joshi

joshi3joshi Active Member

Nov 14, 2009
    maybe once or twice a month. almost never force closes for me.

im not sure what the difference between everyone's droids are that it will force close all the time for some people, and almost never for others

18. eckosevendeuce

Feb 24, 2010
    I've had my droid sincethe 2nd week of its launch and got home++ within the first few days. I thinks its only force closed on me once since I've had it but it DOES mess up from time to time asking if I want to FC or wait and I always wait and it doesn't miss a beat from there. I run 5 screens all of which are full but one.