1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Does HTC One M8 need special SD card and where is the hole for inserting the card?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ASB4717, Oct 16, 2014.

1. ASB4717

ASB4717 Lurker

I just Bought a HTC One (M8) and planned to use my Samsung 8GB micro SD card that I used with my previous phone (HTC MyTouch4g), But I see posts about special SD cards for the HTC One M8.
    This SD card worked fine in my other HTC phone. Do I really need to buy a new card or should this one be okay?

Secondly, all the diagrams and demonstrations for this HTC One M8 show that to insert the SD Card, you
    "Insert the tip of the tray eject tool (or a small bent paperclip) into the tray eject hole next to the microSD card slot." But I have looked and looked and absolutely there is no hole anywhere on this phone at any slot. Since there is NO hole in which to insert this tool, how do I get the SD tray to open?
    Appreciate any help with this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. today

today Android Expert

The tool is in the box attached to the quick start guide. I used a safety pin to open it before I found the tool and it worked fine. The card you have should work. I used mine from my previous HTC phone.

3. ASB4717

ASB4717 Lurker

Well, id found the key, but feeling like a complete newbie now..... I finally realized that I'd not removex the last section of the Otterbox case and ot was covering the pinhole!
    So aftet that it took onky a few seconds to get it installed. I assume this SD card will be fine. I'd read I needed a special SanDisk SDHC card specifically formatted using fat32 because of Zoe (n mine is formatted regularly).
    I'll try my current one n if there are issues then I'll just get another one.
    Thank you for replying!

HTC One M8 Forum

The HTC One M8 release date was March 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 4MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2600mAh battery.

March 2014
Release Date
Reviews