1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Does Installing Apps Slow the Phone?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by MrTissues, May 10, 2010.

1. MrTissues

MrTissues Well-Known Member

May 9, 2010
    I really like installing apps, testing them, and removing them. Does installing apps and then uninstalling them end up making your phone slower?

I don't have my Incredible yet but I don't want to install all these apps to just test if it will end up slowing my phone down when I remove them! I know Windows does get slower by installing and uninstalling apps, OS X not so much. How does Android fare?

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. mags

mags Newbie

May 9, 2010
    No.

3. lolwiki

lolwiki Member

Mar 15, 2010
    probably not.. I do that all the time too, but I reboot my phone once in a while just in case.

4. powell

powell Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Programmer
    PL
    Installing/removing application can do a big mess on the SD card, providing the applications do something on the SD card. It does not influence the speed of the device in a direct way, but it is still an issue.

By "mess" I mean new directories created and leaved unused after the application was removed.

5. MrTissues

MrTissues Well-Known Member

May 9, 2010
    Ok yeah, I understand that. I could always clean that up using a file manager on Android itself or my computer. Unless those files are usually invisible?

6. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Android Expert

May 29, 2009
    Denmark
    Yeah, it is obvious that the Android developer documentation SHOULD have included a section on "playing nice" on the user's sd card; for instance by plopping all app data into a folder, and requiring all such folders to be in, say, "/sdcard/appdata". :rolleyes: Now that the cat's out of the bag, we'll have a mess forever. :(

7. ride_k2

ride_k2 Newbie

Apr 8, 2010
    This is not a Blackberry Storm.

So install apps as your heart desires, It wont slow it down