• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does Israel CONTROLL the USA?

Does Israel CONTROLL the US?

• Yes

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • No

Votes: 30 78.9%
  • Maybe or not sure

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
Problem:

If Israel invading Palestine and creating a country there is an issue (ethical/morally, etc), then no country in the world is ethically/morally justified. Since that is the crux of Malcolm X's argument (and yours, by extension)...

Where do you draw the line, and how do you not make it arbitrary?

And some people wonder why they might be a little annoyed. If the same was done in the U.S or the U.K but the state created was a Muslim one, and year on year they started taking more and more land by military force, we'd do the exact same as the Palestinians, fight back.

Are you perhaps referring to say, the colonization of the United States? Guess what, the folks that were here (let's call them "native americans") did fight back. They lost. Your argument appears to be that the same thing is occuring elsewhere, and that's a problem.

Upvote 0
@ Martimus, I'm afraid you are wrong om this one
The Israeli-Palestinian is one which has changed very much in my eyes
I was very Pro-Israeli
Then I did some research
The Israeli government will never try to make peace with Palestine as long as right wing extremists have the vote
Never

Israeli has screwed over the Palestinians from Year 1 of its foundation

Did you know that in the West Bank - settlers are alowed use 80% of the water - the millions of Palestinians get the rest

In Englands last 40 years in Ireland we were treated fairly
Not all the time - vested interests are always there - but we were treated well

As for Arabs, they clearly exploit the situation

Upvote 0
@ Martimus, I'm afraid you are wrong om this one
The Israeli-Palestinian is one which has changed very much in my eyes
I was very Pro-Israeli
Then I did some research
The Israeli government will never try to make peace with Palestine as long as right wing extremists have the vote
Never

Israeli has screwed over the Palestinians from Year 1 of its foundation

Did you know that in the West Bank - settlers are alowed use 80% of the water - the millions of Palestinians get the rest

In Englands last 40 years in Ireland we were treated fairly
Not all the time - vested interests are always there - but we were treated well

As for Arabs, they clearly exploit the situation
What about the first 40? The next 40?

What about the Kurds? How have they been treated?

Native Americans?

What about any group of people that do not have a country of their own, and instead live in a country that is "another" country?

Upvote 0
What about the first 40? The next 40?

Native Americans?

What about any group of people that do not have a country of their own, and instead live in a country that is "another" country?
Martimus was comparing the thing with the IRA and 1916
When WWI broke out the UK parliament had to postpone home rule
Most of the Irish home rulers fought with the British against dictatorships
In 1916, a small group of far-left revolutionaries took adavantage of a devastating war, tried to capture the capital, caused massive destruction
Most Irish people didnt support them
Until the British started excuting them

Upvote 0
Meeting with Benjamin Netanyahu last week, President Obama could not have been more effusive. “I believe Prime Minister Netanyahu wants peace,” Obama said. “I believe he is ready to take risks for peace.”

A newly revealed tape of Netanyahu in 2001, being interviewed while he thinks the cameras are off, shows him in a radically different light. In it, Netanyahu dismisses American foreign policy as easy to maneuver, boasts of having derailed the Oslo accords with political trickery, and suggests that the only way to deal with the Palestinians is to “beat them up, not once but repeatedly, beat them up so it hurts so badly, until it’s unbearable” (all translations are mine).

According to Haaretz‘s Gideon Levy, the video should be “Banned for viewing by children so as not to corrupt them, and distributed around the country and the world so that everyone will know who leads the government of Israel.”

Netanyahu is speaking to a small group of terror victims in the West Bank settlement of Ofra two years after stepping down as prime minister in 1999. He appears laid-back. After claiming that the only way to deal with the Palestinian Authority was a large-scale attack, Netanyahu was asked by one of the participants whether or not the United States would let such an attack come to fruition.

“I know what America is,” Netanyahu replied. “America is a thing you can move very easily, move it in the right direction. They won’t get in their way.” He then called former president Bill Clinton “radically pro-Palestinian,” and went on to belittle the Oslo peace accords as vulnerable to manipulation. Since the accords state that Israel would be allowed to hang on to pre-defined military zones in the West Bank, Netanyahu told his hosts that he could torpedo the accords by defining vast swaths of land as just that.

“They asked me before the election if I’d honor [the Oslo accords],” Netanyahu said. “I said I would, but … I’m going to interpret the accords in such a way that would allow me to put an end to this galloping forward to the ’67 borders. How did we do it? Nobody said what defined military zones were. Defined military zones are security zones; as far as I’m concerned, the entire Jordan Valley is a defined military zone. Go argue.”

Smiling, Netanyahu then recalled how he forced former U.S. Secretary of State Warren Christopher to agree to let Israel alone determine which parts of the West Bank were to be defined as military zones. “They didn’t want to give me that letter,” Netanyahu said, “so I didn’t give them the Hebron agreement [the agreement giving Hebron back to the Palestinians]. I cut the cabinet meeting short and said, ‘I’m not signing.’ Only when the letter came, during that meeting, to me and to Arafat, did I ratify the Hebron agreement. Why is this important? Because from that moment on, I de facto put an end to the Oslo accords.”

President Obama, and anyone else concerned about Israel’s commitment to the peace process, may watch the tape online here.
SOURCE

Reactions: ElasticNinja
Upvote 0
....so?

I'm not sure what point you think you just made.

Shadow: Sorry, hadn't seen his prior post. It is worth mentioning that you're comparing the last 40 years of rule to the first 40 years of rule. Comparatively, we're probably in good shape here. ;)
Israelis drove Palestinians off their land and humiliated them just 60 years ago
In a modern time
Not like the 1600's when there were slaves and no respect of dignity etc
Israel is bad as a state
Especially as a highly educated one
Wait... what was the last highly educated country to opress others? GERMANY

Yet another tragic case of the oppressed becoming the Opressor :(

Upvote 0
Israelis drove Palestinians off their land and humiliated them just 60 years ago
In a modern time
Not like the 1600's when there were slaves and no respect of dignity etc
Israel is bad as a state
Especially as a highly educated one
Wait... what was the last highly educated country to opress others? GERMANY

Yet another tragic case of the oppressed becoming the Opressor :(

From my earlier post:
Problem:

If Israel invading Palestine and creating a country there is an issue (ethical/morally, etc), then no country in the world is ethically/morally justified. Since that is the crux of Malcolm X's argument (and yours, by extension)...

Where do you draw the line, and how do you not make it arbitrary?

Are you perhaps referring to say, the colonization of the United States? Guess what, the folks that were here (let's call them "native americans") did fight back. They lost. Your argument appears to be that the same thing is occuring elsewhere, and that's a problem.

Or my other earlier post:

Native Americans?

This is not uncommon, even in the present day.

Upvote 0
They say pictures speak a thousand words...

(left)GERMANY 1940 - ISRAEL 2009(right)

image001.jpg
image002.jpg
image004.jpg
image005.jpg
image006.jpg
image007.jpg
image008.jpg
image009.jpg
image010.jpg
image011.jpg
image012.jpg
image013.jpg
image014.jpg
image015.jpg
image016.jpg
image017.jpg

Upvote 0
I believe you mean PPS.

Also, you're wrong.

Do you understand what a floating currency means? It means that the value of the currency is subject to fluctuation due to...well, being traded on the international market.

That means they don't control the value of their currency. No more than any country that doesn't have the value of their currency pegged does.

I see where you misunderstood me. I meant control as in OWN their currency. It is a Government control system administered by the current Finance Minister vs. your PRIVATE system owned by UNKNOWN Corporations that just print money when they feel like it.

Upvote 0
Israeli militias with military consent violently chased Arabs away from their homes

www.robincmiller.com/pales2.htm

Acting on that belief, the Jewish militias (the official Haganah and the unofficial Stern Gang and Irgun) engaged in a consistent course of conduct that was intended to--and did--cause the Arab population to flee. (The Israeli myth that the Palestinians left on instructions from Arab leaders has long since been shown to be a fabrication.)[3]

Upvote 0
I will say this, given that it's 2010 and the weapons of TODAY are small and powerful along with biological weapons of today I think the majority of good people in Israel better wake up and not let the extremists lead them.

Leave a man to live in ruins or a woman, kill their family...you just signed your own death papers.

The WORST THING is someone with NOTHING to live for.

You can build all the fences and setup all the hightech gizmos BUT like scooping up a handful of sand, at least one grain will ALWAYS get slip through your hand.

It is sad to say but 1 person will make it through and the results will be DEVASTATING.

It seems that NOBODY likes to consider that small item but instead EGO's and PRIDE take over which leads to ARROGANCE which will sadly lead to a massive failure.

It was an Orthodox Religious Israeli that KILLED their own Prime Minister/President not an Arab.

The funny thing as a Jewish friend of mine told me is that we are the SAME people just a different religion.

Upvote 0
Did you bother to read it, as the point is more than clear. I'm guessing you didn't which is why instead of responding to the actual information you deflected to ask what the obvious point was. :rolleyes:

Yes, he said that he demanded certain concessions in order to agree to the Oslo accord, which allowed him to undermine it.

The same could be said of the 9-0 Supreme Court decision in Brown v Board; in order to drive consensus, they watered down the language in the decision and make it useless.

Did you read my response? It has no point because it isn't relevant to the topic at hand. Yes, Israel has a strong lobby. Yes, they have clever leadership. How does that make them control the US?

Reactions: Crude
Upvote 0
I see where you misunderstood me. I meant control as in OWN their currency. It is a Government control system administered by the current Finance Minister vs. your PRIVATE system owned by UNKNOWN Corporations that just print money when they feel like it.

Hi!

You still have it wrong. I suggest you read my explanation in the appropriate thread. But since you won't, I'll re-hash briefly:
1) The U.S. mint prints the money, not the FED.
2) The FED purchases money from the U.S. govt, it doesn't "own" the money.

Additionally, federal reserve notes (again, purchased from the US govt) have collateral against them, they can't be printed out of thin air.
U.S. Treasury - FAQs: Legal Tender Status of currency

The "corporations" (let's call them "banks", since that's what they are) are not unknown.

The board of the FED is largely folks appointed by the government, not from the banks.

etc etc.

Your conspiracy theory has been sufficiently debunked in multiple places, I'm getting tired of it.

Reactions: Crude
Upvote 0
Hi!

You still have it wrong. I suggest you read my explanation in the appropriate thread. But since you won't, I'll re-hash briefly:
1) The U.S. mint prints the money, not the FED.
2) The FED purchases money from the U.S. govt, it doesn't "own" the money.

Additionally, federal reserve notes (again, purchased from the US govt) have collateral against them, they can't be printed out of thin air.
U.S. Treasury - FAQs: Legal Tender Status of currency

The "corporations" (let's call them "banks", since that's what they are) are not unknown.

The board of the FED is largely folks appointed by the government, not from the banks.

etc etc.

Your conspiracy theory has been sufficiently debunked in multiple places, I'm getting tired of it.

So how is the Qe2 to print MORE money working out?

Oh, how is the whole banking industry working out considering they drove the US to the brink of a depression.
So, when you paying back China the TRILLIONS.

Oh wait, the Canadian Banking system has no such problem and is being called the greatest banking system in the world due to the REGULATIONS put in place by it's PEOPLE.

Look, go debate in the other banking thread, this is not about that.
thanks!

Upvote 0
So how is the Qe2 to print MORE money working out?

Oh, how is the whole banking industry working out considering they drove the US to the brink of a depression.
So, when you paying back China the TRILLIONS.

Oh wait, the Canadian Banking system has no such problem and is being called the greatest banking system in the world due to the REGULATIONS put in place by it's PEOPLE.

Look, go debate in the other banking thread, this is not about that.
thanks!

You're the one who brought the debate here. Do you forget that my post responded directly to yours?

China can buy Canadian dollars instead of U.S. ones... they're just not as attractive as a currency, you know.

QE2 isn't printing money. It's creating money, but not printing it.

Upvote 0
Those pictures tell one story. The story of misinformation and the ol bait n switch. Completely different reasons for most of the pictures the rest are essentially staged. If Palestine wanted to be taken serious they should have acted like humans and not Neanderthals they are. Israel has show AMAZING restraint in dealing with their enemies.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones