1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Does it say Verizon Wireless on your lock screen?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jestexman, Dec 8, 2009.

1. vincentp

vincentp Android Expert

Mine has said Verizon on the lock screen since before the update, and still shows it after. Strange that some do and some don't. Besides Alltel customers, maybe it's a regional thing?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. MisterEff

MisterEff Android Enthusiast

All former Alltel customers that stayed on their old plan and did not get a verizon plan do not say Verizon. It also says network unknown in the specs.

3. overcaffein8d

overcaffein8d Well-Known Member

if you really want visual voicemail, just get google voice. it transcribes all my voicemail. if you decide you want it and can't find how to get it, PM me for an invite.

4. gonzoguy24

gonzoguy24 Android Expert

mine has always said it...who cares?

5. mikeruoc

mikeruoc Newbie

For the people that do not have VZ wireless on the lock screen what PRL do you have? I have 65058 which is very different then anyone else I have run into. Seems like the wrong PRL.

6. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Android Expert

I'm thinking the same thing! It looks very nice and more importantly, unobtrusive. All of the decent looking wallpapers are too eye-catching; it takes away from my icons.

7. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

EX Alltel and it does not say Verizon on my lock screen, it doesn't say Verizon for my network either. Makes me wonder sometimes but I am still on the Alltel plan. PRL 40057.

8. summerfish

summerfish Well-Known Member

Just hold down on your screen (like adding a widget) and click wallpapers. It's an OEM wallpaper.

9. overcaffein8d

overcaffein8d Well-Known Member

as long as it's using the same towers, i'm fine without the VZW.

10. digdug

digdug Member

I can't find it. If someone could be so kind as to link it or attach, I'd be so grateful.

11. Motormech

Motormech Member

There may be something to the cell tower thing. I was an Alltel cusomer for 12 years and have worked in the same building for 12 also. In the other end of the building is where the citys 911 center is located so you can imagine the radiowaves as well as microwaves being emitted for the Police and Fire comunications. I have always had "dead" zones for cell service in different parts of the building to deal with. Since I went to a Verizon plan, the zones seem to have disapeared very noticably. Never thought to much about it but alot of times I would be roaming on Verizons network. Not sure if it means anything just a tought.

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews