1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Does Kies Air work with IE9?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DaveSyd, Sep 14, 2011.

1. DaveSyd

DaveSyd Android Enthusiast

On my main computer I have Windows Vista Ultimate and IE 9 was loaded a few months ago about a month after it was released. Everytime I have tried to get Kies air running over the browser it crashed. I mean I would punch in the address, port, then I get the notification on the SGS2 and allow, then when the browser had access it crashes everytime it tries to go to the right page. I have a few addins on this browser so I didn't think much of it.

Only today I tried to log in on my laptop which runs windows 7 pro, and only recently IE9. I use this laptop for study and it's basically it has nothing on it except udated windows and MS Office 2007 as I use for a remote desktop client most of the time if I want to use other stuff from the main one. This time tried Kies Air, and although it seemed to have a better go at it - in the end it displayed a page something like "this page cannot be displayed" at least it didn't crash!

Has anyone else got Kies air running successfully with IE9, surely I can't be the only one who has it loaded?

2. Twinn

Twinn Android Expert

it works fine with me but ie 9 is crap comparing to google chrome or firefox... i would recommend any of those 2. Kies working perfectly in FF6.0.2 and GCH 13.0.782! And btw. when u start kies in ie9 there is info at start that it MIGHT not work properly with this version so don`t expect it to be stable.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews