1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Does lint/dust get stuck in the ballistic nylon?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ALurker, Nov 2, 2014.

1. ALurker

ALurker Well-Known Member

I'm on the fence about buying this phone, mainly because of the stupid capacitive buttons. But if I do buy it I would want the 64GB version.

Does anyone with the ballistic nylon back have issues with dirt and dust getting stuck in the fibers?

Skipdawg likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. LoBatt

LoBatt Android Enthusiast

Got mine on launch day and haven't noticed any dust or lint getting stuck in there. I do have some very small tufts of nylon fiber sticking out in a couple places around the camera and LED cutouts. Hoping those will eventually wear down.

ALurker likes this.
  3. vr4

vr4 Well-Known Member

2 days and nothing yet.

ALurker likes this.
  4. Dagr

Dagr Well-Known Member

Yep, no lint or dust problems on the back here... in fact, I am finding the ballistic nylon to be one of my favorite features of the phone. It has such a good sturdy feel... love it.

ALurker likes this.
  5. chrisdpratt

chrisdpratt Lurker

I was concerned about that too. Had mine since launch and no problems yet. Lint will collect on it of course, but is easily brushed off.

ALurker likes this.
  6. Vaetix

Vaetix Well-Known Member

I think dust and lint tends to stick ON the nylon, but not IN the nylon. I've never had anything on it that doesn't brush off easily.

ALurker likes this.
  7. ALurker

ALurker Well-Known Member

Sounds like it isn't any different than the regular back for attracting lint. Thanks for your replies!

pegs520 likes this.
  8. id_ray86

id_ray86 Newbie

I'm pretty sure part of my thanksgiving dinner is now embedded thanks to prepping for a 23 person feast. But I'm confident I'll be able to scrub it out.

9. mrdrh99

mrdrh99 Well-Known Member

I have several parts of the nylon becoming unraveled! Going to vzw today to have them look at it

10. Skipdawg

Skipdawg Android Enthusiast

Static might cause that. Just vacuum it. The ballistic nylon is very durable and will hold up well. I've only carried ballistic nylon wallets past 2 decades.

11. id_ray86

id_ray86 Newbie

Try hitting it with a lighter real quick

12. LoBatt

+1

13. LoBatt

+1 I also heated a paperclip and touched it to some fuzzies I noticed around the cutouts.

14. armyguy71

armyguy71 Lurker

I loved the Best Buy blue ballistic nylon but the two display models were frayed, so I went with the MGF. I am too OCD to have anything poking out of my phone. Plus most of the good cases don't fit the nylon as well. Best Buy had the Turbo for $99 so I couldn't pass it up.

Motorola Droid Turbo Forum

The Motorola Droid Turbo release date was October 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.2" inch screen, 21MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3900mAh battery.

October 2014
Release Date
Reviews