• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Does my tablet have a built in calendar

dr4sight

Sep 6, 2011
Saugerties, NY
Hi,
I have two Android devices, an Optimus V phone and Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 tablet. On the OV one of the built in programs when I hit the app drawer is Calendar, a very simple app that shows a monthly calendar.
The tablet doesn't show Calendar when I view the totality of programs. My question is whether it is there under some other name?
If not is there an app that duplicates the V's built-in calendar? I know there are dozens of widgets available with bells/whistles/appointments/alarms etc. I'm not looking for that. Just want to be able to call up a monthly calendar from time to time when I'm on the tablet.
Thanks.

AFAIK, the Google Calender is a default part of the Android OS. I don't own a Tab2, but it is pre installed on the S2 and S3. You may be able to d/l it from the play store. There are also a ton of calender widgets available, many free. Once again, I don't know which work with the Tab, but you should find something acceptable. One thing to do? make sure that you're syncing calender data with you gmail account settings > accounts > choose your default google account.

I'm moving this to the Tab 2 section for better results. Best of luck to you!

Upvote 0
Google calender is now available as a separate app so that google can push the update to the calender through google play and not to firmware updates.

you can download the calender and install on 4.0+ devices from the following link:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.calendar&hl=en

S Planner does the job for me so another calender app is really not required.

Reactions: jkn1946
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones