1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Does note 2 have something similar to Razr smart actions?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by you2, Jan 7, 2013.

1. you2

you2 Android Expert
    None

Jun 29, 2010
    Does the note 2 have an equivalent to razr smart actions? I.e, for example I have the phone switch to wifi during the work week when I would normally be at work as well as switch to silent/vibrate during those hours; or at night I have it set brightness to min and turn off data during sleep hours.
    -
    Kind of nifty thing I like about the rar (unforunately I have the plain razr with horrible battery life and it is time to move on).

Advertisement

2. Methos1979

Methos1979 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 27, 2012
    Third rock from the Sun
    Good question! I'm currently running the RAZR HD MAXX and thinking about going over to the Note 2. I love Smart Actions and use it quite a bit for automated tasks. I am fairly sure that Smart Actions is a Motorola program. I was in the Verizon store a couple days back picking the brains of a salesman who has the Note 2 and asked him that exact question. He said his Note 2 did not have SA.

All that said, I also use Tasker and that program can be used to do everything the SA program does - and much more. It's pricey as apps go but worth every penny.

3. JustDriftin

JustDriftin Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 17, 2009
    None
    On the Road
    Llama - Location Profiles also appears to do what you want to do and is free.

4. R4nd0mJ0k3r

R4nd0mJ0k3r Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 20, 2011
    Male
    Sales Team Leader / Web Developer @ Maplin Electro
    Liverpool, England, UK
    If you have any experience programming or are pretty 'techy' and have a willingness to learn, Tasker is worth every single tenth of every penny.

If not, Llama looks good, though a lot more basic.