1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Does one really need some sort of anti theft/virus protection?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by shigglyboo, Sep 21, 2011.

1. shigglyboo

shigglyboo Well-Known Member
    None

May 8, 2011
    Are these phones really vulnerable to virus's and ID theft n whatnot?

I keep bluetooth off normally. Is there an app I should be running? I've seen a plethora of antivirus and antitheft apps, wondering if they're really necessary and if so can someone recommend a good one?

Advertisement

2. mcvanta

mcvanta Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 4, 2011
    I use the free version of lookout from android marked it has good user reviews. It wouldnt hurt to have an added security against malware or spyware it also have and if someone jack your phone you would be able to trace it.

3. shigglyboo

shigglyboo Well-Known Member
    None

May 8, 2011
    I check that one out. In case you lose your phone AndroidLost is the bees knees. You can log in through google, make your phone talk, locate it w/gps, check status, shut down, send texts, remote wipe, etc. It's free too.

4. xbrokdikdogx

xbrokdikdogx Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 16, 2010
    I'm not big on anti virus myself but I do recommend Lookout. My daughter's Intercept was stolen and I used Plane B to recover the phone. Because she didn't have Lookout installed I couldn't remotely turn the volume up on the phone, she likes to keep it muted since she gets texts 24/7. When the phone went missing I remotely installed Plan B and located the phone. I sent the police to the kid's house but when the cop called the phone he didn't hear it ring so he couldn't do anything. Still scared the kids enough he threw the phone over the fence and I recovered it the next day.

Plan B is great to help you get your phone back, it will remotely install and remotely enable gps all without alerting the thief. It is important to keep your phone locked though, and it would be better to have Lookout installed before hand so you can sound an alarm even if the phone is on silent.

5. Prey521

Prey521 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 19, 2011
    GPS tracking with the Triumph would be a waste of time LOL

I use Lookout on my wifes OV and I like sending the audible alerts while she's out and about....bugs her every time LOL

6. Austrie

Austrie Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2011
    Male
    St.Thomas, US Virgin Islands
    LOLOLOLOLLOOLOL +1:cool: