1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Does One X need a pouch or screen guard?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by drogon, Apr 17, 2012.

1. drogon

drogon Newbie

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Netherdragon

Netherdragon Android Enthusiast

buy a slip case or a screen protector.

its scratch resistant but not scratch proof and will probably be ok with a standard drop onto the floor but for the sake of spending a small amount of cash to protect it, is it really worth taking the chance.

I bought a

s.m.knipe likes this.
  3. s.m.knipe

s.m.knipe Android Expert

There are users reporting scratches in some other forums. Keys are a terrible indicator anyways, key metal is softer than glass and so will not scratch it. What actually scratches screens is other silica (silica=sand=silt=glass=SiO2) such as dust (aerial sand & silt) that gets on the screen say, in your pocket, that is dragged across the screen by keys or the wall of your pocket, or the ground (if dropped), etc...

El Presidente likes this.
  4. s.m.knipe

s.m.knipe Android Expert

5. NikkiC

NikkiC Well-Known Member

I never chance it and always have a screen protector and case on all my phones. Better to be safe than sorry!

6. blacktea

blacktea Member

A friend of mine knocked my One X onto the ground (a 3 ft. drop?) the second day I got my phone, and there was a noticeable scratch near the top of the screen beside the HTC logo. I immediately got a case and screen protector for it, and I do feel a lot safer. Not to mention the rubber case I have gives a better grip than the polycarbonate, which almost slip out of my hand on several occasions.

HTC One X Forum

The HTC One X release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 3 processor, and 1800mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews