1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Does pulling out the battery affect the screen?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by roym6, Jul 3, 2011.

1. roym6

roym6 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 10, 2011
    I've had to pull out the batteru a few times and iv noticed that the colors seem washed now.(its not the brightness) or is it the different roms that I'm using?

Advertisement

2. rwinvt

rwinvt Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 19, 2011
    Who is the dev for those roms? Personal choice, of course, but I would accept the washed out colors for the battery free operation.
    When I pull my battery out, the screen goes black and no matter what I do, nothing works anymore.:eek::thinking::eek:

3. cutterjohn

cutterjohn Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 29, 2011
    Of course it'll go black IF it was on in the first place as you've just disconnected it's ONLY power source!

BTW I'd strongly advise AGAINST pulling the battery while the phone is ON, i.e. shut it down first, UNLESS it's your only choice in a totally unresponsive situation... can easily corrupt files/databases/etc. by randomly ganking it's power source similar to if you tried to shutdown your desktop by yanking the plug out of the wall...

Last resort option when ON only...

4. koopakid08

koopakid08 Android Expert
    None

Mar 14, 2011
    Behind you
    lulz

5. roym6

roym6 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 10, 2011
    :D there seems to be a misunderstanding here. i meant that in the past i had to take out my battery because of failed flashing. and since then my screen seems washed out(the colors are not as bright, I've compared with other optimus v's). i was wondering if this was because i pulled out my battery or if its from the different roms that i've been using(went from pure android to aosp to aphrodite 1.0). :D sorry for the confusion but i started the thread from my phone and it is a pain in the behind having to edit.

Tags: