1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Does Reset to Factory Default Really help Battery?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sortvind, May 30, 2011.

1. sortvind

sortvind Lurker
    None

May 10, 2011
    I noticed that the Battery on my LG 2X is kind of..Bad. I read that some people benefit from a reset, it actually helps? If so, what is the best way to back-up apps, and is it possible to backup savefiles within apps as well? Thanks for any help =)

Advertisement

2. Rusty

Rusty Android Expert
    None

Jan 21, 2010
    Pompey, UK
    Well it will help in that after you've done it, you wont have anything installed to drain the battery.

Titanium backup is the best way to back up both apps and data.

3. cazman

cazman Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 17, 2011
    Still a damn student
    Wales
    If you can flash ROMs onto your phone I definitely recommend paul from Modaco's fr17 ROM. I'm getting 2-3 days battery life with some music listening, texting and calling without 3g or wifi. It's a definite improvement over LG's stock ROM.

4. parampreet

parampreet Lurker
    None

Dec 26, 2010
    Mohali (Punjab), India
    Here's another tip worth a try. Let your battery drain down to 0%, or close to 0%. Then turn the phone off, and connect it to a charger and let it charge in this off state. Turn it back on once its fully charged.
    I've seen some improvement to the battery life after this. Its worth a shot anyway.

You can also install a task manager like Advanced Task Killer to limit the number of tasks running in the background. Poorly coded applications can cause significant battery drain while running in the background.

redlox likes this.