• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Does rooting a phone reduce or increase the amount of EMF radiation it produce

I just got a Galaxy S21 Ultra and it hurts my head whenever I'm around it too much (especially on a call). I am wondering if this is something that can be altered in the software so that it's safer to use, or whether it might be a hardware issue. Do EMF stickers work? Thanks for your help.

I just got a Galaxy S21 Ultra and it hurts my head whenever I'm around it too much (especially on a call). I am wondering if this is something that can be altered in the software so that it's safer to use, or whether it might be a hardware issue. Do EMF stickers work? Thanks for your help.
EMF is hardware not software so rooting will not help in any way. plus if your s21 ultra is running the snapdragon chip then you can't root it. but the exynos and Hong Kong variant can be rooted......but again no reason to root if only because of EMF which rooting has no effect on it.

Reactions: Dannydet and mikedt
Upvote 0
As stated, it's a function of the phone's radio transceiver. Additional control over the phone's firmware would not include the ability to reduce transceiver power (maximum power is limited by FCC).

I rarely have my phone to my ear for calls, using Bluetooth connection or speakerphone almost exclusively.

Upvote 0
As stated, it's a function of the phone's radio transceiver. Additional control over the phone's firmware would not include the ability to reduce transceiver power (maximum power is limited by FCC).

I rarely have my phone to my ear for calls, using Bluetooth connection or speakerphone almost exclusively.

That's what I do most of the time as well, and it's really for my comfort and convenience, rather than "EMF" or whatever.

Upvote 0
Rooting your phone will give you some privileges to modify the software code or install another software that the manufacturer wouldn't typically allow you to. So it won't reduce or increase the amount of EMF radiation it produces. EMF protective clothing can reduce the amount of EMF radiation your device has. You can also try turning your phone to airplane mode from time to time since it also helps to reduce EMF radiation exposure. And don't hold the phone up to your head; use a speakerphone or air tube instead.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones