1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Does rooting fix....

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by iskortch, May 24, 2011.

1. iskortch

iskortch Well-Known Member

Does rooting fix the soft keys being unresponsive at times? More so the back key?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Android Expert

rooting in and of itself does nothing, but it allows you to do other things.

but to answer your question more specifically no it doesnt, and thats probably more of a hardware problem anyways

3. If it's a result of unresponsiveness in general, then a custom rom usually helps. But as has been stated rooting by itself wont help anything.

4. Mide

Mide Guest

Rooting itself does not help. I believe it to be hardware and/or software. For example If I'm on the stock ROM then my back button sucks and is laggy. It gets a tad better with the serendipity ROM, and it performs the best with the Cognition ROM. But with Cognition other quirks appear. I've defaulted to using Serendipity as it brings more benefits without as many issues.

5. fldude99

fldude99 Android Expert

It doesn't help, but it does allow to install "keep the lights on" so that you have a better chance of touching the soft key in the right place

Samsung Captivate Forum

The Samsung Captivate release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews