• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Does Rooting Your Captivate Take Away the Replacement Plan?

TripsYou

Oct 13, 2010
Calera, AL
I am thinking about rooting my captivate. I pay a monthly fee for phone protection, you know...its like 5$ a month extra. If I were to root my phone does it take away the Samsung warranty, the 5$ warranty I pay for in case my phone breaks or messes up. Does it void any warranties when you root it?

I am thinking about rooting my captivate. I pay a monthly fee for phone protection, you know...its like 5$ a month extra. If I were to root my phone does it take away the Samsung warranty, the 5$ warranty I pay for in case my phone breaks or messes up. Does it void any warranties when you root it?

Cancel your AT&T insurance ($5 a month for 2 years of your contract = $120) and get a Squaretrade Warranty (only $99)- they'll totally replace your phone if it breaks or if you drop it or get it wet, which AT&T WILL NOT DO. Plus, they won't just send you a refurbed version of your phone, you get a brand new cost equivalent!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones