• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does S4 car charger fit all Samsung Galaxy models?

Here is the general rule - does it have a micro USB? Yes! Than it does fit.

Will it charge the same? Depends on phone and battery! If the charger is larger it generally means it is more powerful - again generally I do not want to shoot myself in the foot. If it is really small and you have to plug in your own cable the charger will charge but when your screen is off and very slow.

Technical part! If you look at the output you want more electricity measured in amps! For optimal charge you want to be as close to your charger that came with the phone as possible I think it is 1 amps st 5 volts.

The final say if the charger works it will work for your phone as long as the plug is the same it may take longer to charge but you will not ruin your phone. So try and experiment I bought my car charger from amazon for 10 cents and have used it with 3 galaxy phones and it charges great all phones! Hope this helps!

Reactions: spman
Upvote 0
Here is the one that is in my car - my charging port is in the glove compartment and I don't take it out much don't bump it much so it works fine
Amazon.com: Motorola Vehicle Power Adapter micro-USB Rapid Rate Charger: Cell Phones & Accessories

my brother had one broke it in a week coz he kept taking in and out of the charging hole. Eventually the hole stopped working so you can decide on your own whether it was the charger or the guy using it.

And yes that's exactly what she said :)

Reactions: spman
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones